Archived Pushing RedCards on the self checkouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrin

Beauty, Front End, Fulfillment
My store is pushing for us to ask guests to sign up for RCs in the SCO area too. Is this something new all stores are pushing or just ours? I feel horrible having to push them towards people who probably went to the SCO so they could get in and out. They don't want to listen to the spiel while trying to get away in the first place. It doesn't sit well with me and it seems to be against the new guest interaction goal we've been pushing towards. I'll do it because it's my job but it's a huge pain.

I think it's total BS... we shouldn't have to push and get in people's way when they are in a SELF check out... I get that pushing red cards are "important" but we shouldn't be pushing our way into their way when all we are there is to clear their stupidity like bagging problem..
I personally don't feel right going up to people when they are checking them selves out and pushing a card with 5%

It's asants at my first store SCO was easy. No requirement to push red cards but my second one that was an expectation.

I am curious if anyone here has actually gotten someone at SCO to sign up for a red card. Some people hate being asked about the Target card (my store has negative yelp reviews about it) so yes they go to SCO to avoid it.

It's asants at my first store SCO was easy. No requirement to push red cards but my second one that was an expectation.

I am curious if anyone here has actually gotten someone at SCO to sign up for a red card. Some people hate being asked about the Target card (my store has negative yelp reviews about it) so yes they go to SCO to avoid it.

I actually did get one once, lol! But I did hate how my GSTL was like, "hey you need to like talk to the guests at self checkout more; be more involved and active". I'm like, they go to SC because they don't want to be bothered by humans, not because they actually like the SC. Lol

Our SCO person is supposed to ask and there have been red cards generated.

Crazy. Especially if it were in stores where they're is just one cashier and SCO's. I've seen so much complaints on Target's FB add that pressure it's bad.

Our SCO cashiers ask, but aren't super pressured about them unless we're close to goal for the day.

Great, something else to slow my self checkout process behind the fuckbags who can't follow on screen instructions or figure out where a barcode is or figure out you have to defrost ice cream to read the barcode.
Oh, but don't you *love* when the store is slammed to all hell that even the SCO cashier can't assist right away, so the guest comes around to the Express lane and essentially SCREAMS in your ear that they need help? :rolleyes: aka happened to me.

for us sco is treated same as registers. if you consistently don't ask you get coached. no they're not gonna get mad if it's a woman with two kids who's buying like 3 bananas and obviously wants to get out. but if it's a large purchase you better ask.

We push them, our Red card Queen gets them at SCO. She is really good and raises the bar high!

just wait till the inevitable red light flashes, and then when you go over look at their total and quick calc. 5% off. fix their issue, and as they're thanking you, mention how much they could save

They tried to push us to ask at SCO at my store for a few months... but the pressure has went down to none again. Thank God... I think our district realized that no one wants to be peddled at SCO and get in and out as fast as they can.

They've always pushed Red Cards at self-checkout at my store, so I guess it seems normal to me.

We didn't ask at first, but after a while some of the kiss ass ETLs started pressuring the front lanes to put people who would be more likely to ask there instead of people who maintain SCO.

They don't do it at my store, but the store at the other end of town does and it was annoying as fuck having to hear their spiel every time another guest walked up.

We didn't ask at first, but after a while some of the kiss ass ETLs started pressuring the front lanes to put people who would be more likely to ask there instead of people who maintain SCO.

Yeah, my old store would put the tms who struggle to get reds at self check out since you are more likely to get them on the regular lanes.

Yeah at mine they make us ask every single person who walks into self checkout

If I get asked for a Red card at. SCO you get a VERY horrible survey
It's not our fault (in case the survey is about the person asking) the store MAKES us push that trash. Trust me I'm the fastest cashier and I strongly believe the goal of a cashier is to get you out as quick as possible.

Atleast if you do a survey try not to name anyone and just say red card are annoying

I do believe if you are a TM or affiliated with the store in any way that you cannot do surveys? Or am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back