Pushing truck or dropping the "one for ones" question.

So my store seems to toggle back from doing truck first or doing the "ones for ones" for consumables for no real reason.

That being said I here is my question.

If I push the truck AND back-stock an item BEFORE CREATING the "one for ones" why does that same item show up again?

Doesn't the inventory update in real time?

IME, the amounts/items in 1-1s or OOS batches have nothing to do with floor counts or how many fit in a spot. If you sold 5 of an item since the last 1-1, it will have you pull 5 (or the case, if it thinks the item is in casestock). It doesn't know or care that freight came in and you filled the floor. Even if the floor count is correct and full.

One advantage of being in the same area mostly, even closing, is I know when the pull counts are BS and basically backstock right after pulling when I know it's having me pull too much, or it's making me pull the thing I literally backstocked 10 minutes ago.

IME, the amounts/items in 1-1s or OOS batches have nothing to do with floor counts or how many fit in a spot. If you sold 5 of an item since the last 1-1, it will have you pull 5 (or the case, if it thinks the item is in casestock). It doesn't know or care that freight came in and you filled the floor. Even if the floor count is correct and full.

One advantage of being in the same area mostly, even closing, is I know when the pull counts are BS and basically backstock right after pulling when I know it's having me pull too much, or it's making me pull the thing I literally backstocked 10 minutes ago.
I do the same, but I'm sick to death of how much time I have to spend doing this.

I do the same, but I'm sick to death of how much time I have to spend doing this.
I have talked to my tl about this. My sfq is correct, oh is correct. My direction is to work repacks first, do the pull, work the freight. The pull will include repack backstock. I have asked to do the pull first since the backstock I'm pulling is from the repacks that I just finished working and backstocking, but that has been quashed.

So my store seems to toggle back from doing truck first or doing the "ones for ones" for consumables for no real reason.

That being said I here is my question.

If I push the truck AND back-stock an item BEFORE CREATING the "one for ones" why does that same item show up again?

Best practice is zone , exf as you go with zone , drop one for one , pull combo batch one for one and exf ( if the dpci is doubled it will be subtracted meaning it’s wont pull if it was added to the exf) then you work truck .

We were told: ALL One for ones SHOULD be dropped by opener (probably b4 DBO even gets in) and MUST be pulled.
Of course because there is a report that lists what was/wasn’t dropped/pulled.

Freight......meh, push, backstock or let it pile up cause someone else might get put to deal with it.
But for each DBO: the 1:1 is a MUST

1:1 should be guaranteed to be needed, productive floor fill.
freight is risky time in terms of productivity cause We may not be sent what we need.

Opener in market does the zone first, work any reshop, drop a 1:1 and work that, then get a u-boat work that, drop another 1:1 and backstock. Maybe we will add an exf to the mix or just do a smart purge.

Tech is, turn tvs on/dust, audit, 1for1, work that, do freight. We're supposed to be doing a second 1for1 at 2/3, buuuut... if its been busy it won't get done and we just focus on the 1st 1for1 batch and freight

Because the floor count updates when the freight is received. The system doesn't know when it was put out on the floor, so if anyone buys something between when it's received and when it's stocked, the count will be off for every item purchased.

Tech is, turn tvs on/dust, audit, 1for1, work that, do freight. We're supposed to be doing a second 1for1 at 2/3, buuuut... if its been busy it won't get done and we just focus on the 1st 1for1 batch and freight
Due to lack of hours, we have no opener for tech. GM & style etl does the truck.

Tech for us:

Tv’s
Write down MPM sales info & review any communication left
1F1’s and any other pulls and if there’s room on vehicle grab some truck
Once Truck is complete Zone/Audit

we are the only area that hasn’t missed a sales goal during all of this. We’ve comp’d 100%+each day. We are also selling 80-90% of that days truck every day

when ours go back up we will go back to 3x daily 1f1s

My TL didn't seem to know how 1 for 1's work so I had to explain to him after he had me purge all of Pro1 and Deli then proceed to do a 1 for 1 where of course everything that came out of the pull was backstock because I already purged it all. Completely backwards.

My TL didn't seem to know how 1 for 1's work so I had to explain to him after he had me purge all of Pro1 and Deli then proceed to do a 1 for 1 where of course everything that came out of the pull was backstock because I already purged it all. Completely backwards.
If you purged it why didn’t you
fix the SFQ for the items you backstocked?

If you purged it why didn’t you
fix the SFQ for the items you backstocked?
Exactly, thank you. Ask my team lead that question. I was doing that but he caught me and he told me not to worry about the SFQ because we'll do it tomorrow so he just wanted it purged so i can get to the 1 for 1's ASAP. Like wait what? Truth is he's just started in my department last month and another thing was we had a visit that he was worry about too so maybe both of those combined just made it decide to the wrong thing and not think straight or understand 1 for 1's and SFQ's. I talked to our senior TL about it and he wasn't too happy about how much sense that all made so I'm sure he already talked to him about it, I hope.

We have two DBOs for each area. It's new. Dunno if it'll work. One is the pusher and one is the puller. Pullers are experienced. The pushers push the truck. Pullers do pulls, audits, price change, etc. They both get in at 6. Coolers have one dbo and freezer has one dbo. The pullers move over to become pushers for cooler and freezer. (This is how I get them 30+ hrs a week each.)

We adjust sfq every single time we put something in backstock.

Back