Archived Quantity limit on register

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed that the quantity limit on the registers is gone? You know how you had to have at least 7 to use the quantity button? Now the minimum limit seems to be two.

Good to hear. I usually don't use that and just scan everything. I'll take a look at my register tomorrow and see if it is removed for me as well.

Yeah, I think it will encourage cashiers to get lazy and not scan different things more than they already do. But I figure in the end, all I can do is continue to scan everything (unless it's seriously obvious) and go about my business.

That's what I do. If it something that is easily scanned, like folders, I'd rather just scan them all rather then count them all and then type them in. Also, with things like the 24 packs of water, it still does not make a difference because I will just go ahead and scan one of them X amount of times.

Not many situations where I even bother with the quantity button, but I suppose it might help sometime, haha!

Yep, with the large items, it's faster just to click the gun a bunch of times than fiddle with the keyboard.

Really? This is awesome. I hate when I'm doing Photo having to enter at DPCI number 6 times because they only bought 6 prints. I never even tried doing it. Thanks for sharing this! Will save me a bunch of time!

Really? This is awesome. I hate when I'm doing Photo having to enter at DPCI number 6 times because they only bought 6 prints. I never even tried doing it. Thanks for sharing this! Will save me a bunch of time!

I thought there was a bar code sheet for that? I may be wrong though

Yes, there is a bar code sheet for that, however the sheet is not always easy to find at GS.

"I will just go ahead and scan one of them X amount of times"

^ is usually what I do because we have such limited space in pharmacy...especially with something big like water or soda.

The only time I ever had to use that button was when people buy like 50 paper notebooks and they are still in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back