Archived Question about ASANTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a cashier and a guest had a question about another Target store offering a $5 giftcard deal on a certain item. I didn't know what she was talking about and also didn't want to argue so I simply said that some stores have different deals than others at any given time.
I'm pretty sure I gave me the right information but I just wanted to clarify so that I don't go around spouting wrong info haha

If she had the item in hand, you can hit 'price inquiry' on your register & it will tell you if there's a promotion going on. Also check the ad, every lane should have a copy.
If you can't find it on either one, then you could say it must be a promotion for 'just that location'.

If she had the item in hand, you can hit 'price inquiry' on your register & it will tell you if there's a promotion going on. Also check the ad, every lane should have a copy.
If you can't find it on either one, then you could say it must be a promotion for 'just that location'.
yeah there was no promotion going on when i hit price inquiry. but guests will argue with me all the time and insist the sign was "right under that item" and things like that. i did forget to check the Ad though, i'll remember that for next time. Thanks for the responses!

Our store started this thing where you just do it. It's the most fucked up thing ever. As long as it's reasonable just shut up and make the guest happy. Idk about the gift cards but that's usually the exception. Ever since we started price matching more stores it's become ridiculous how much these guests try to get away with. I think you gave the right answer I would do the same.

Our store started this thing where you just do it. It's the most fucked up thing ever. As long as it's reasonable just shut up and make the guest happy. Idk about the gift cards but that's usually the exception. Ever since we started price matching more stores it's become ridiculous how much these guests try to get away with. I think you gave the right answer I would do the same.
my GSTLs tell me the same thing! just to make the guest happy and it really doesn't matter what you do. it's really annoying but at the same time, i absolutely hate arguing with guests, usually because they intimidate me (some of these coupon-crazy soccer moms are scary people) so just giving the promotion to them eliminates me having to talk to them about why they're wrong (even though they ARE wrong but whatever) and making them wait forever for my GSA to come over.

The other store may have had an old sign up. I always tell them we aren't held to other store's mistakes. Also, if it were true, the guest would have bought it there.
I like these 2 answers best. Remember "prices vary by store."

In the case of guests saying they saw (x) deal in a different Target, I won't honor it and basically explain what you told the guest. I just had this actually with a guest trying to buy diapers. He said he saw a deal in another store, and the girl there told him it was an old sign, but they'd honor it anyway. He came to MY store a few days later, expecting us to honor the same deal, even though we had all the correct signs up. Needless to say, we didn't honor the deal, but boy did he try.

However, if a guest claims they saw (x) deal in store, I just do it anyway, as it's just 5 dollars. I do it as a missed coupon, since it doesn't generate a gift card automatically. I give guest's a $10 window. Any more than that, I have someone double check on prices.

Side question but still related: When you guys get a guest that questions a $5 gift card promotion and you decide to honor it, do you just type in a $5 store coupon or do you ring up a $5 gift card and then do the $5 store coupon?

Side question but still related: When you guys get a guest that questions a $5 gift card promotion and you decide to honor it, do you just type in a $5 store coupon or do you ring up a $5 gift card and then do the $5 store coupon?
Ck with your gstl on that one.

That is one time as working on the floor I don't mind getting a price/sign check. If the sign is old I want to get it pulled. Yes if it is there, I tell them to honor it and I pull the sign. We have some shorthanded people working ad takedown.

I'm a cashier and a guest had a question about another Target store offering a $5 giftcard deal on a certain item. I didn't know what she was talking about and also didn't want to argue so I simply said that some stores have different deals than others at any given time.
I'm pretty sure I gave me the right information but I just wanted to clarify so that I don't go around spouting wrong info haha
Usually guests see prices and promotions that they want to see. Guests will claim they saw a promo for an item. After looking at the ad, it says they have to get 3 instead of 1 to get the $5 promo.

But if the item does not ring up promo and it is not in the ad and comes up on price inquiry, then you did the right thing.

My store is extremely vibe heavy, so 9 times out of 10 we will honor it unless it is blatantly obvious that there was no promotion on the items. For example, if someone says "There's a sign that says I get a $5 gift card with three diapers!" we'll usually honor it and I'd have someone in softlines check the signs in the diaper aisle. If they're rude about it, I'll definitely be less lenient about it though. But yeah, at our store we scan a $5 giftcard and coupon the additional $5 from the total.

Usually guests see prices and promotions that they want to see. Guests will claim they saw a promo for an item. After looking at the ad, it says they have to get 3 instead of 1 to get the $5 promo.

But if the item does not ring up promo and it is not in the ad and comes up on price inquiry, then you did the right thing.
Man, that first sentence ain't nothing but the truth! Had a lady actually pull the sign and bring it up to the front lanes. What does it say at the top of the sign? AS ADVERTISED. That does not mean ON SALE. Ugh, people piss me off sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back