Archived Question about guest services

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Hey guys,

1) I was wondering if there was a thread of some sort on the basics of working at Guest Services. I like to jump ahead and know what I'm getting myself into before I get trained.

2) My primary workcenter is Sales Floor, so if I got cross trained in guest services, will I be moved over to guest services from now on. I prefer sales floor over anything else in the store and I just wanted to get trained at guest services for a few reasons:

- When it gets busy at guest services and someone needs to return something and the GSTL, as well as the team members for guest services are busy. I would be able to help out when I'm grabbing reshop for hardlines.

- If someone needs me to take their guest services shift, I could do so since I would be trained.

However, I don't want to work there all the time, I mainly just want to be an extra set of hands if needed.

Only problem with your scenario is that if you "jumped on to help while picking up reshop", what happens when salesfloor gets a call for the area you're supposed to be covering?
It's great that you want to help but you can't neglect your area & your guests shopping in said area. That's why it's really best covered by front end - because of the proximity.

Obviously if the GSTL can get help out at guest services then of course I'm not going to jump on. But that being said, if there is a line, and the GSTL cannot help out and I'm right there, I can hop on.

There are enough people on the floor that can assist the guests in whatever area I'm covering, it's called team work. For instance, when the team memmber in electronics cannot pick up a call because their helping a guest, I helped out by taking the call in chemicals and if they needed a price check or whatever, I can run back to electronics and help them.

The world will not end if I help one or two guests at guest services. I'm just being a team player.

Obviously if the GSTL can get help out at guest services then of course I'm not going to jump on. But that being said, if there is a line, and the GSTL cannot help out and I'm right there, I can hop on.

There are enough people on the floor that can assist the guests in whatever area I'm covering, it's called team work. For instance, when the team memmber in electronics cannot pick up a call because their helping a guest, I helped out by taking the call in chemicals and if they needed a price check or whatever, I can run back to electronics and help them.

The world will not end if I help one or two guests at guest services. I'm just being a team player.

I love having people on the salesfloor trained up at GS! When it's busy up front and no one can help out it's great to have someone that might not be tied up at the lanes. I don't ever schedule salesfloor team members up at SD even though they know it. I think i've done it once because i was extremely short one week but otherwise I have enough cashiers that "fight" over wanting to be at SD.

It's hard to tell you exact polices for the sd because so many stores do things differently but if you have any specific questions i would be glad to try and answer them!

There are also training booklets available for Guest Service (similar to the cashier training books). They will outline many of the same things mentioned in the linked forum guide, but they will also have some visuals, which will probably help when you're first starting. Just be sure to keep them in the store and don't let Spot catch you reading them off the clock. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have as well!

Save yourself from the insanity. When I started Salesfloor, I still was being pulled back to the Front to help with breaks/lunches for the only 2 scheduled cashiers, Service Desk, and Food Ave. And then help bring in carts.

Unless you work in Electronics, because its a wise to have SD knowledge when you are dealing with big ticket items, ESPs, and copyrighted items, I would avoid SD unless you want to regularly work the front.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back