Service & Engagement Question about "Loading" Screen glitch at Self-Checkout

I was just curious if any other stores experience this glitch at self-checkouts where the screen says "Loading" for a long time after a transaction and it won't let the next guest start scanning their items. At my store, it usually happens after 4:00 PM when a guest pays with either cash or a Target gift card. It's very frustrating to deal with since I have to take the receipt paper out and put it back in, which wastes both time and receipt paper.

I actually asked my ETL-SE about fixing this issue but he had to take an emergency leave of absence so he never got to call CSC to look at the issue. My SETL says that there's nothing that can be done about it because the registers wear down but we can't shut them down during business hours.

Solution
After like a minute a small x appears in the upper right corner which allows you to exit that loading screen. The computer is trying to log something I believe which is why it allows you to skip it. The x is hidden but is there. I think you could go to the ncr menu and exit out to skip past it as well but am not 100% sure about that one.
After like a minute a small x appears in the upper right corner which allows you to exit that loading screen. The computer is trying to log something I believe which is why it allows you to skip it. The x is hidden but is there. I think you could go to the ncr menu and exit out to skip past it as well but am not 100% sure about that one.

Solution
Thanks for all of your suggestions! I'll try all of them out to see what works best. I just don't get why Corporate can't do something to fix this since they rely on self-checkout so much. I just need to vent about how many times I've had to fix the receipt paper since this glitch started happening.

So the gist of what I heard about that is the spinner is spinning while the GPD resets between transactions. It shouldn’t happen often, but that doesn’t seem to be the experience you’re all having. But being able to dismiss it was added intentionally so you can get back to using it. Call it in if it’s happening frequently.

So the gist of what I heard about that is the spinner is spinning while the GPD resets between transactions. It shouldn’t happen often, but that doesn’t seem to be the experience you’re all having. But being able to dismiss it was added intentionally so you can get back to using it. Call it in if it’s happening frequently.
It happens often and it usually takes 1-2 minutes for x to appear, so we have to close that SCO until it’s ready. I feel like something isn’t going right in that reset process as regular lanes don’t need any time to reset

It appears to be happening more often at my store, too. I don't work SCO, but the last two times I've tried to buy stuff it's happened on the register I was hoping to use and the SCO person said it'd been happening a lot (she had a way to clear it, but I can't remember exactly what she did).

I don't know if anyone has mySupported it. Probably not, knowing my store.

The loading time gets longer and longer. It seems to get stuck on it without the x appearing to cancel it.

You think we should call 701 about it? I don't have a lot of faith in some of the people who answer that line.

I spoke with a former team lead who initially transferred to another store but is back temporarily covering for our ETL-SE about this issue today and he said it's a global issue and he instructed me to continue to take out the receipt paper and put it back if the glitch happened. Just very aggravating to deal with this!!

Back