Question about street dated items

at my store this cup was street dated for the frozen movie for September 4 but at another store they already set there’s and a guest said they purchased 2 of them and they need 1 more. Would every store have the same street dates?

at my store this cup was street dated for the frozen movie for September 4 but at another store they already set there’s and a guest said they purchased 2 of them and they need 1 more. Would every store have the same street dates?
Yes every store has the same street date . And never give a street dated item to a guest or put on hold for them , never ever.

They probally did that then....it’s the team members fault because they said they scanned the items and it went through.

What's everyone doing with the Frozen and star wars stuff that isn't apart of the actual amplified set? There is stuff for softlines that is street dated but it's not going to amp fixtures. I'm assuming the softlines people will take it and just work into floorpad but seems silly to not create a moment for it if it's supposed to be some great launch ??! IDK

I've been stashing anything Frozen in the fixture room when it's come out in the pulls for recently set pogs. Mostly some bedding and bath items from repacks.

The t-shirts could be going on a toys endcap, there's one setting for Frozen this week.

What's everyone doing with the Frozen and star wars stuff that isn't apart of the actual amplified set? There is stuff for softlines that is street dated but it's not going to amp fixtures. I'm assuming the softlines people will take it and just work into floorpad but seems silly to not create a moment for it if it's supposed to be some great launch ??! IDK
I have mine back stocked in the backroom for the time being. No point in putting it on the floor if no one can buy it.

I have mine back stocked in the backroom for the time being. No point in putting it on the floor if no one can buy it.
Same lol since you can’t do anything.... except when team members put them out and you have to back stock it

I've seen people termed for doing that.

Good. That kind of shit could get Target sued for breach of contract. Not worth it for some Karen who wants to brag to her FB group.

Did she show you her receipt or just a picture of the item from a site or something with a DPCI? If she didn't have a receipt with that DPCI, I call total bullshit.

Either the guest is lying in an effort to get you to cave (not realizing that POS will lock up) or someone at the other store keyed it in under a bogus number to circumvent the street date release.
I've seen people termed for doing that.

This!

If the TM scanned the items the register would have blocked the sale. Guest was probably just trying to get the item from you.
This. It was a scam. POS auto denies the sale of any street dated item, and there is NO way to override, unless you code as no barcode, but that wouldn’t be “scanning in the item”. Guest was lying.

All the popular street dated items especially toys/tech/entertainment we actually keep a binder up front and back in electronics for this reason. We have told many quests that if u were able to get it at that store then they will be glad to have u back but our system which is the same as theirs will not let us sell it. We don’t get many people try to do that to us compared to what we use to before we did the binders

All the popular street dated items especially toys/tech/entertainment we actually keep a binder up front and back in electronics for this reason. We have told many quests that if u were able to get it at that store then they will be glad to have u back but our system which is the same as theirs will not let us sell it. We don’t get many people try to do that to us compared to what we use to before we did the binders
Tell me more about this binder. I might want to steal this

It was mostly done via by us at store level there was some things via workbench we were able to get but that never gives a full helpful list. As long as you have DBO’s that keep up with product knowledge that would include releases of products then a binder would be easy peasy.

I used to work in a print shop and had customers tell me all the time that they could copy copyright material "at the other store."

I would tell them that I really appreciated them letting me know that the other store could get fined and that I would call and make sure it didn't happen again.

I did not call, but I did hear fewer lies. It's almost always a lie when there's a specific and clear policy that could get the company fined tens of thousands of dollars.

This. It was a scam. POS auto denies the sale of any street dated item, and there is NO way to override, unless you code as no barcode, but that wouldn’t be “scanning in the item”. Guest was lying.

If you use no barcode after scanning a street dated item on a transaction that will flag and alert on the myDevice and prompt a call from HQ.

If you use no barcode after scanning a street dated item on a transaction that will flag and alert on the myDevice and prompt a call from HQ.
But since they had the cup how would they know to bring it back it’s the team members fault for using no bar code so the team member would get in trouble right

Back