Answered Question about swapping shifts

I’ve worked at my Target for over two years now, and haven’t ever had an issue about swapping shifts until now. I needed a last minute shift covered because of unavoidable circumstances, and my coworker friend could take the shift. I called in two hours ahead of the shift and I was scolded because my ability to text to get my shift covered was “unfair” and that I need to put my shift on the board and be treated like everyone else?

What? You're supposed to post your shift to Kronos to give everyone a chance, a la the rules where you have to put a product on the floor long enough for guests to buy it first? W. T. F. Kronos doesn't work most the time for actually posting shifts, let alone anyone actually able to pick them up, even if they were checking (which most people don't). Asking "hey, are you working on x day and if not, do you want more hours?" is pretty much the only way to get a shift covered at my store, after Branch was ended.

I guess your leadership doesn’t understand what “last minute” means, doesn’t understand that you were doing them a favor by getting your shift covered, would prefer to be stuck short handed by a call out, are just asshats or any combination of the above. I’m betting on the asshats part being a major factor here. Haven’t noticed Spot being all that wound up about “fairness” to TMs lately., and covering your shift instead of calling out should fall under the all important “meeting the needs of the business” quote that Spot uses to justify everything on their end. Getting your shift covered instead of calling out would be fine, and much appreciated, at my store.😁

Yup! I've had many a shifts where i get a hurried call from a tm, "hey can you cover my shift? It's in a hour, I'll call the store and tell them to expect you, thanks i appreciate it"... and leadership is always happy when i show up

leadership HATES when tech swaps shifts

they deadass said its "not fair" because its like we're "making our own schedules"

like who the fuck cares as long as someone is working the shift ?? maybe if they stopped scheduling against ppls availability we wouldnt swap so much

my store doesnt even have a shift swap board bcos one time some tm put a shift up for halloween, got it covered and then that person called out and "ruined it" for everyone apparently and kronos is a joke so idk wht theyre expecting from u. my leads text me if they want me to come in lol

leadership HATES when tech swaps shifts

they deadass said its "not fair" because its like we're "making our own schedules"

like who the fuck cares as long as someone is working the shift ?? maybe if they stopped scheduling against ppls availability we wouldnt swap so much

my store doesnt even have a shift swap board bcos one time some tm put a shift up for halloween, got it covered and then that person called out and "ruined it" for everyone apparently and kronos is a joke so idk wht theyre expecting from u. my leads text me if they want me to come in lol
Right?

It hasn't happened to me a lot, but when it does I always wonder why. If I asked for time off and was approved, why would HR override that and schedule me anyway? Also, I have one day a week where I am unavailable and it's been no problem until recently (pre LOA) they suddenly started scheduling me on that day, and then my first week back they did again. I had to resubmit my availability even though it was clearly still in the system when I went in to check. Looks like that reminder, uh, reminded them, lol.

Back