Archived Question about your Pull/Backstock for O/N people

Status
Not open for further replies.
After these last few weeks of non stop 2300 or more piece trucks, our backroom is beyond fed up. 1 person in steel, and 2 in light duty to deal with truck and floor backstock.

Our TL always claims we need more people to get the job done properly, which we do, but nothing ever materializes. Im curious for you O/N people, or even 4am process people. How many people do you have doing the pulls and then truck and floor backstock? If it matters, my store is an A volume.

I'm at a AA+ and happen to have a few old grids on me. We average around 6 people overnight in our backroom and our trucks are normally between 2100 and 2400 depending on the time of year (obviously not counting 4th quarter). I am unsure how they split them up between pulls and backstock though...

My store was an A volume O/N store and we usually had 3 or 4 TMs in light duty and 1 in steel plus a TL who helped out. They would all do pulls until the pulls were done and then they'd backstock the truck(s) and then they'd backstock the floor. The pulls would usually be done by the time the truck was finished, except for a few here and there and they'd usually get the truck backstocked by the time the floor backstock started coming in. There were times when they'd come out and help the floor because they were caught up but that didn't happen very often.
Then again, the floor backstock stayed on the floor until the BR TL or captain called for it. There were also times when they'd stash blackline on the backwall of seasonal so the BR team could finish the pulls, especially on nights of doubles. We had a tiny backroom, so there wasn't room for many pallets. I'm sure it got even smaller after the store went pFresh.
The E & E TM was responsible for pulling, pushing and backstocking, though on nights when that workload was heavy, the BR would help out there.

What does steel mean? Does that mean a person dedicated using the crown and putting pallets up by the steels?

Anyway, 4 TMs in my store (A Volume). Finish the pulls (around 8-9), do the backstock pallets, then the floor backstock.

It is the br tm who bulk or pipo pallets in the main steel area. Located over the line across from the bay doors.

I'm A volume as well. We usually have 3-4 in light duty, 1 TL, and one dedicated steel captain.

Even though we have a good crew, it's still not enough. We do what we can and go home, that is all.

Its very sporadic, and a luxury when we get a 3rd person. Inventory in a few weeks and our backroom looks horrible. We do what we can, with what we are given.

Its very sporadic, and a luxury when we get a 3rd person. Inventory in a few weeks and our backroom looks horrible. We do what we can, with what we are given.

This is all that can be done. It used to annoy me, but I got over it. No point in stressing over something that really isn't my problem. Backroom is a mess in the morning? Oh well, sucks for the Execs. I'll come in at night, work my shift to the best of my ability and go home again.

My store was an A volume O/N store and we usually had 3 or 4 TMs in light duty and 1 in steel plus a TL who helped out. They would all do pulls until the pulls were done and then they'd backstock the truck(s) and then they'd backstock the floor. The pulls would usually be done by the time the truck was finished, except for a few here and there and they'd usually get the truck backstocked by the time the floor backstock started coming in. There were times when they'd come out and help the floor because they were caught up but that didn't happen very often.
Then again, the floor backstock stayed on the floor until the BR TL or captain called for it. There were also times when they'd stash blackline on the backwall of seasonal so the BR team could finish the pulls, especially on nights of doubles. We had a tiny backroom, so there wasn't room for many pallets. I'm sure it got even smaller after the store went pFresh.
The E & E TM was responsible for pulling, pushing and backstocking, though on nights when that workload was heavy, the BR would help out there.

Sounds like you work at my store. We're a B volume store & are currently ON. Our process is much the same as yours. Our BR TL doesn't come in until 4am because he has instocks as well. When the PDAs go down as they did last night, the BR team come out to help push. Some of our flow are trained in BR and can help there after the push is finished. We're not a pFresh store.

Sounds like you work at my store. We're a B volume store & are currently ON. Our process is much the same as yours. Our BR TL doesn't come in until 4am because he has instocks as well. When the PDAs go down as they did last night, the BR team come out to help push. Some of our flow are trained in BR and can help there after the push is finished. We're not a pFresh store.

That store's backroom made me claustrophobic to the point that I had at least two panic attacks while I worked there. After that happened, I didn't help out in the BR quite as much though I still did just so I could get more hours. I can't imagine what they did when the store went pFresh earlier this year because there was a huge hill behind the backroom and I haven't been able to visit since I live on the other side of the country now.
Our BR team would help with the push when the PDAs were down but then those of us on Flow who were cross-trained had to return the favor later in the shift. Sometimes they'd zone the BR too (low and tight).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back