Archived Question for Move Pilot Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past month or two, the Move app has not been unlocating items when pulling. We've tried the CSC as well as my support to no avail. Are any other pilot stores experiencing this disastrous problem?

The past month or two, the Move app has not been unlocating items when pulling. We've tried the CSC as well as my support to no avail. Are any other pilot stores experiencing this disastrous problem?

Ours are pulling. Only issue I've seen is sometimes when pushing, an item will say not on cart. And yes the item should be on there cause we pull and push the same vehicle.

I was gonna make a thread but its guess I'll keep it to here. We have only had move for 2 weeks but noticing that on Sunday's the autos are way bigger then other days even our other non truck day.... Is this a normal thing happening at other move enabled stores?

Absolutely yes. My backroom loc accuracy is in the toilet. I had 7 ghosts today out of 3 batches I pulled. 3 were in one batch back to back. Nobody in my store knows why this happening. I'll be sure to bring this up to my log tomorrow when I see him.

Seems like they're going pedal to the metal on this move nonsense. I noticed today my stores vehicles are all tagged

The rollout for Move is currently being delayed due to too many bugs.
They're finally moving forward with it at my store within the next few weeks, after initially telling us it was happening in August.

I finally got a response to my mysupport. They had my store and another who is piloting the app make it so that pulling these items from the backroom would take upwards of ten to twelve hours.
WTF?

Yea. It's part of the issue that has caused our accuracy to drop. On the same day we would have multiple pulls whether it be on move or the pdas that would request an item that I pulled hours/days ago because the system hadn't updated yet. It has absolutely crushed our accuracy.

Exactly. And guests that will bitch when it says we have it and we really don't.

Exactly. And guests that will bitch when it says we have it and we really don't.
If a function such as this does what you are saying, I take it that because this is coming down from corporate, we can't just "scrap" this move business. Besides fucking up accuracy, I'm sure guests scores would be going into the toilet as well. Being told you have an item when you don't!!! Oh that's so uncool.

If a function such as this does what you are saying, I take it that because this is coming down from corporate, we can't just "scrap" this move business. Besides fucking up accuracy, I'm sure guests scores would be going into the toilet as well. Being told you have an item when you don't!!! Oh that's so uncool.
As with all pilots that Target rolls out, store leadership tries to spin everything in a positive light due to the fear that anything negative will reflect badly on them. So even if it's failing horribly, corporate is still going to hear a majority of stores claiming that it's working great.

If you're pulling a batch let's say plastic and you're using a flat but run out of space can you add 2 another vehicle to that batch. (Does my question make sense?) Can yoy use multiple vehicles for a batch?

Pack 'N Ship on a PDA under MyFA. Second page, create shipping hold locations. Use single locations for everything except 3tier carts.

This is of the top of my head so the exact buttons may be labeled slightly different.

Anyone know how to tag vehicles for the move app?
Using a PDA:
1. myFA
2. Pack and ship
3. Scroll down, create shipping hold locations
4. New label
5. Parent/child
6. 1 child location

That will print a label for one vehicle. You'll have to repeat from step 4 for each vehicle, and reprint each label if you want more than one per vehicle. It's very tedious...

You throw away the child location labels because they are not used. I'd recommend using backroom location labels instead of FF labels because they are narrow enough to fit on edges of tubs and carts without easily peeling off.

Using a PDA:
1. myFA
2. Pack and ship
3. Scroll down, create shipping hold locations
4. New label
5. Parent/child
6. 1 child location

That will print a label for one vehicle. You'll have to repeat from step 4 for each vehicle, and reprint each label if you want more than one per vehicle. It's very tedious...

You throw away the child location labels because they are not used. I'd recommend using backroom location labels instead of FF labels because they are narrow enough to fit on edges of tubs and carts without easily peeling off.

Spot should just miniaturize the new SPU labels, it's impossible to peel those off of anything.

I understand the concept but it's short sighted at best. It makes pulling and working batches grossly inefficient. Not only does it double the number of scans, it also makes the pull process itself much more difficult. When using a 3 tier cart for pulls, I would normally pull it down the backroom aisles with me so I can easily place merchandise into the cart. Since the tags are on the other end, I have to constantly reach around the cart or leave the cart at the end of the aisle; drastically increasing the number of steps I take when pulling.

And all to accomplish what? So corporate can track the increased time it takes to do a task (pulling) that we've been performing on a timer for almost 20 years? The amount of time spent stocking a pull will never be accurately tracked thanks to random guest interactions and back-up cashier calls. The best they can do is just average it out by department based on data collected across the company but it will never be an accurate metric. Do they expect everyone to exit and reenter the MOVE app every time a guest asks a question or you have to go to the front? How much time would be wasted on that alone?

This is something I would have expected Target to do back when we had a ton more payroll; something that would have been axed once the company started looking at ways to cut.

I understand the concept but it's short sighted at best. It makes pulling and working batches grossly inefficient. Not only does it double the number of scans, it also makes the pull process itself much more difficult. When using a 3 tier cart for pulls, I would normally pull it down the backroom aisles with me so I can easily place merchandise into the cart. Since the tags are on the other end, I have to constantly reach around the cart or leave the cart at the end of the aisle; drastically increasing the number of steps I take when pulling.

And all to accomplish what? So corporate can track the increased time it takes to do a task (pulling) that we've been performing on a timer for almost 20 years? The amount of time spent stocking a pull will never be accurately tracked thanks to random guest interactions and back-up cashier calls. The best they can do is just average it out by department based on data collected across the company but it will never be an accurate metric. Do they expect everyone to exit and reenter the MOVE app every time a guest asks a question or you have to go to the front? How much time would be wasted on that alone?

This is something I would have expected Target to do back when we had a ton more payroll; something that would have been axed once the company started looking at ways to cut.
While I agree with you in principle, what take precedence the EOF of the PdaS themselves. (EOF = end of life)

The actual pdas are no longer being supported by Motorola (a subsidiary of Alphabet ie google) as of 2018. And the windows they have running them hasnt been supported in 5 yrs.

The pdas are dying. Thats why move appeared. The metrics are a bonus to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back