Archived question re coupon policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they've adjusted that policy again, because we all know they do way too often but my ETL-GE wants us to accept coupons for the price it scans at now because it's part of her changes for the vibe. Although when we have one of our many known coupon frauders we do anything we can to deny the coupons and then when we accept them we do adjust theirs down, a little unfair but those who try to do coupon fraud should die.

The easiest way to get rid of the coupon defrauders is to stop accepting their returns. We've simply refused to accept the return without a receipt (which they never have...just the card or gift card they used to pay). If they do have the receipt, and there are a zillion coupons on it, we tell them they need to go back to the specific store they bought the items from to get the coupons back (knowing full well they won't get the coupons back, but it makes it someone else's problem).

When they ask why, we just explain that people have been defrauding us, and we've had to put these policies into place, and unfortunately innocent (yeah right) people such as themselves get stuck in the middle.

For our big coupon people, we would have to call our LOD to come check them out.

After a couple of LOD ring outs, one guy has never been back and another guest comes, but not with the same number of coupons.

Also, the registers will stop accepting coupons once you reach the limit of them which is (I believe) 4 coupons.

Our coupon policy is the one thing I hate more than anything, because it's so damn inconsistent. Adjust the price down, no wait keep it what it rings as, no adjust it. No wait, no just keep it whatever it rings up. No wait, adjust it. Wait, don't accept the coupon. No wait, accept the coupon and don't adjust it. No wait, adjust it and accept it but........

MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

If someone returns a bunch of coupon items, deny the return. No wait, accept the return. No, wait, deny it. No wait, accept the return and adjust for coupons. No, wait, deny the return. Wait, VIBE and accept the return. They'll get it on a giftcard.

Limit the quantity of items. Only 4 coupons a day. No wait, 6, no, 4, no, 2, wait, no, 4.

I don't know if they've adjusted that policy again, because we all know they do way too often but my ETL-GE wants us to accept coupons for the price it scans at now because it's part of her changes for the vibe. Although when we have one of our many known coupon frauders we do anything we can to deny the coupons and then when we accept them we do adjust theirs down, a little unfair but those who try to do coupon fraud should die.

It has been adjusted again. We should key take the coupon as it scans, even if it is over the dollar amount of the item, as long as it doesn't bring the total down to less than zero. The only ones I change are the coupons for free items, b/c we're only going to be reimbursed for the amount we write down. It seems unfair to the manufacturer to just write in the highest price. The coupon policy doesn't specifically address this, but I'm guessing I'm not quite following it. The system started taking the maximum amount for a free item off around the same time that the policy changed, so really, I think Target wants us to do what the register says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back