Archived Question regarding calling off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
Tomorrow I am heading on a small trip I've known about for a while. I have a shift tomorrow morning and Monday night closing. I listed both of my shifts to be picked up for around a week now and also talked to many other team members in my section about someone picking them up for me, but I've gotten no text saying they have. I've never actually used a call off before, so do I need to call in? And if so, should I just call the store itself or call our HR?

Call the store and ask for the LOD, when they pick up just tell them your name and department, what time your shift is and just say you won’t be able to come in. Do this both days for both shifts

You need to call the store and speak with the LOD for every day you're going to be out. If you don't, your absences will be classified as a no-call no-show. That's grounds for termination depending on how many days you're out. You say you've known about this trip for a while. Did you put in for time-off? Depending on how your store handles attendance issues, you may be facing a corrective action when you get back.

Yes, I did put in for time off, though due to the day I found out about this from my family, I only requested time off for this Sunday. I then later found out that my family wanted to extend the trip another day over into Monday, and couldn't put in a request for time off Monday due to it being closer than two weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back