Archived Questions for Other Beauty TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonSFTM

Narwhals Are Awesome
I need to know if this is just at my store...

When E2E started we were told to be responsible for our own Pulls. Now we're being told not to do them? I literally got chewed out by an ETL in the middle of the backroom for doing one (It was only a five minute pull at the most, there was a single Backroom TM that shift, and I was standing there working on backstock anyway...)

Also, are they trying to shrink your backstock area? The goal is to have almost everything for the Cosmetic aisles be on a rolling cart, so we can push it out and Pull from it in the opening shift. After we do the Truck Push I guess?

And how often are you being told to take care of all of A? (not because of a callout/NCNS, but because they just didn't schedule anyone to take care of A. It honestly seems to be anywhere between once a week to almost daily for my team and I; I'm to the point that I'm more surprised when we have someone in A than we don't.)

And how often as a mid/closer are you pulled away from your section/list of tasks to work other things (CAFs, ect) and not even get a chance to start working on your zone until a couple hours before your shift ends?

Basically: How often do you feel that your job and section is the least important in the entire store?

When E2E started we were told to be responsible for our own Pulls. Now we're being told not to do them? I literally got chewed out by an ETL in the middle of the backroom for doing one (It was only a five minute pull at the most, there was a single Backroom TM that shift, and I was standing there working on backstock anyway...)

Also, are they trying to shrink your backstock area? The goal is to have almost everything for the Cosmetic aisles be on a rolling cart, so we can push it out and Pull from it in the opening shift. After we do the Truck Push I guess?

And how often are you being told to take care of all of A? (not because of a callout/NCNS, but because they just didn't schedule anyone to take care of A. It honestly seems to be anywhere between once a week to almost daily for my team and I; I'm to the point that I'm more surprised when we have someone in A than we don't.)

And how often as a mid/closer are you pulled away from your section/list of tasks to work other things (CAFs, ect) and not even get a chance to start working on your zone until a couple hours before your shift ends?

Basically: How often do you feel that your job and section is the least important in the entire store?

I work in beauty and I am expected to work pharmacy, health and paper on top of beauty. I dont do my own pulls unless its for a sales planner. We dont have a mid only open and closer. When I need my brake covered its crickets but my etl made beauty a priority because I make it one.

Clock in. Work. Do what you're told. Clock out.

They don't pay you to think. Btw, I love that an ETL told me that once. It's been my mantra ever since.

As for getting chewed out, in your case, that would happen 1 time to me. No one should be reprimanded in public. If you feel it was inappropriate, go to the STL or HRTL or HRETL.

I'm about to vent, apologies in advance---

Clock in. Work. Do what you're told. Clock out.

I do. And have still gotten 'coaching' in the middle of the sales floor as I have gone to clock out. (by the same ETL)

Last night, he said he didn't know how I couldn't zone all of A when I was working the closing shift and had 'all that time' to zone.

I had to bite my tongue to keep from retorting that no, I don't have the entire shift to zone. That I get pulled away from it frequently by him and other ETLs like him that think my zone is the least important thing---until I'm leaving.

There's currently five Beauty TMs. And each of them have the same complaints - that we are not given enough time to do our actual work, that we get pulled away to do other TMs work, and our section gets ignored---and then we get blamed for our work being incomplete. (Ie, Push not done, Zone not done/not Green, ect)

We spend more time doing CAFs (not just the Beauty and A ones, there's been days I/other Beauty TM literally am the only one Pushing CAFs. Sometimes, I'm Pulling them too!), Reshop for other sections (because they merged the B Reshop with A and sometimes they put the IHL Reshop in the merged A/B cart), being called up as backup at the registers where sometimes we're kept from anywhere from 15 minutes to almost three hours*, and whatever other tasks they want us to do.

And then only after all that is done, do we finally get to zone.

And I hate leaving behind anything other than a Green zone when I finish an aisle; not only am I a perfectionist/clean freak/possibly OCD but also when I first transferred** to this position from FRO, I didn't know how to properly zone Hardlines...resulting in getting 'coaching'. (on the salesfloor. same ETL***)

My section? Looks like crap. Not one of us has had a chance to even take one of those handheld swiffers to dust the fixtures in weeks; if we can find one, 'cause our cleaning supplies get swiped and never replaced unless I raise a stink about it. Because depending on who the LOD is? If we start to clean or do research/update our counts, we get pulled away to do other tasks. Because if we have time to do that, we obviously have spare time on our hands, amrite?

Its like if we actually want to do our job, we have to be sneaky about it.

Requests for new fixtures are ignored. The lady who comes in for L'oreal/Essie/ect, gave me a list of fixtures and signage we needed but didn't have; I've not been taught how to order and when I asked the ETL over me about how to order it, they took the list from me, said they'd order it----and that was almost six months ago and we've not received it yet. Every time I ask about when we're supposed to get the new bullnoses and their slips, I get the runaround and told they'll be there 'in another week'. Which has yet to come.

So you see why one of my questions was 'How often do you feel that your job and section is the least important in the entire store?'

-----

* I despise going up for backup because the first and only time I ever had a meal compliance was because I was on backup and I was ignored when I informed the GSTL that I needed to go on my break. My line was gone, I had turned my light off, and I informed the GSTL I needed to go on my break, they reached over, turned my light back on, and directed Guests to my line.

** This is a lie, I was tricked. They asked if I wanted some extra hours and I was under the impression I was going to be doing Cosmetics shifts alongside my FRO shifts. I didn't know I was transferred until the STL at the time complimented me on how well I was doing after being transferred, that Cosmetics was looking great, I was getting Guest compliments, and sales had gone up.

*** This ETL isn't just a jerk to me, but also to almost everyone in the store. We have lost TMs because of him; one of them worked in my store for ten years and within months of him starting there, she left because he made the work environment so unbearable for her specifically because he wanted her office space. Unless you're one of his favorites, the STL, or HRETL, only then he's nice and helpful to you. He's been able to get away with his behavior because he's besties with the HRETL, so complaints have gotten ignored. Though now that we now have a new HRETL and new STL (our third in about a year) we're hoping the new ones will crack down on his behavior.

I'm about to vent, apologies in advance---

I do. And have still gotten 'coaching' in the middle of the sales floor as I have gone to clock out. (by the same ETL)

Last night, he said he didn't know how I couldn't zone all of A when I was working the closing shift and had 'all that time' to zone.

I had to bite my tongue to keep from retorting that no, I don't have the entire shift to zone. That I get pulled away from it frequently by him and other ETLs like him that think my zone is the least important thing---until I'm leaving.

There's currently five Beauty TMs. And each of them have the same complaints - that we are not given enough time to do our actual work, that we get pulled away to do other TMs work, and our section gets ignored---and then we get blamed for our work being incomplete. (Ie, Push not done, Zone not done/not Green, ect)

We spend more time doing CAFs (not just the Beauty and A ones, there's been days I/other Beauty TM literally am the only one Pushing CAFs. Sometimes, I'm Pulling them too!), Reshop for other sections (because they merged the B Reshop with A and sometimes they put the IHL Reshop in the merged A/B cart), being called up as backup at the registers where sometimes we're kept from anywhere from 15 minutes to almost three hours*, and whatever other tasks they want us to do.

And then only after all that is done, do we finally get to zone.

And I hate leaving behind anything other than a Green zone when I finish an aisle; not only am I a perfectionist/clean freak/possibly OCD but also when I first transferred** to this position from FRO, I didn't know how to properly zone Hardlines...resulting in getting 'coaching'. (on the salesfloor. same ETL***)

My section? Looks like crap. Not one of us has had a chance to even take one of those handheld swiffers to dust the fixtures in weeks; if we can find one, 'cause our cleaning supplies get swiped and never replaced unless I raise a stink about it. Because depending on who the LOD is? If we start to clean or do research/update our counts, we get pulled away to do other tasks. Because if we have time to do that, we obviously have spare time on our hands, amrite?

Its like if we actually want to do our job, we have to be sneaky about it.

Requests for new fixtures are ignored. The lady who comes in for L'oreal/Essie/ect, gave me a list of fixtures and signage we needed but didn't have; I've not been taught how to order and when I asked the ETL over me about how to order it, they took the list from me, said they'd order it----and that was almost six months ago and we've not received it yet. Every time I ask about when we're supposed to get the new bullnoses and their slips, I get the runaround and told they'll be there 'in another week'. Which has yet to come.

So you see why one of my questions was 'How often do you feel that your job and section is the least important in the entire store?'

-----

* I despise going up for backup because the first and only time I ever had a meal compliance was because I was on backup and I was ignored when I informed the GSTL that I needed to go on my break. My line was gone, I had turned my light off, and I informed the GSTL I needed to go on my break, they reached over, turned my light back on, and directed Guests to my line.

** This is a lie, I was tricked. They asked if I wanted some extra hours and I was under the impression I was going to be doing Cosmetics shifts alongside my FRO shifts. I didn't know I was transferred until the STL at the time complimented me on how well I was doing after being transferred, that Cosmetics was looking great, I was getting Guest compliments, and sales had gone up.

*** This ETL isn't just a jerk to me, but also to almost everyone in the store. We have lost TMs because of him; one of them worked in my store for ten years and within months of him starting there, she left because he made the work environment so unbearable for her specifically because he wanted her office space. Unless you're one of his favorites, the STL, or HRETL, only then he's nice and helpful to you. He's been able to get away with his behavior because he's besties with the HRETL, so complaints have gotten ignored. Though now that we now have a new HRETL and new STL (our third in about a year) we're hoping the new ones will crack down on his behavior.

No apologies. All I can say is try to outlast this specific ETL. Most of them come and go like fruit flies. So if you can make some accommodation, you can last longer.

To the OP you need to make your concerns known to your TL and ETL they can check their peers to make sure they aren't using you incorrectly.

Hilarious how Our beauty tms don't backup cashier anymore after my salesfloor etl told them to knock that shit off.

If we have a mid she will have them backup but if you're the only beauty tm you should be in beauty

Last edited:
No apologies. All I can say is try to outlast this specific ETL. Most of them come and go like fruit flies. So if you can make some accommodation, you can last longer.

I'm trying to. Its been so hard sometimes, especially the days it seems like he's targeting me in particular. I don't know how many times I've come home after a shift, screamed into a pillow and then bing-gamed World of Warcraft or one of my fighting games to vent my aggression.

We've lost so many good people because of him; our turn over rate skyrocketed since he came in. I'm really putting my hopes on the new HRETL and STL; with all the change over we're having at my store, so many of us are hoping he'll be one of the next to go.

I'm trying to. Its been so hard sometimes, especially the days it seems like he's targeting me in particular. I don't know how many times I've come home after a shift, screamed into a pillow and then bing-gamed World of Warcraft or one of my fighting games to vent my aggression.

We've lost so many good people because of him; our turn over rate skyrocketed since he came in. I'm really putting my hopes on the new HRETL and STL; with all the change over we're having at my store, so many of us are hoping he'll be one of the next to go.

Tms dont know this but you can challenge your leader's. However, do it with respect and professionally. If you go in there bat-ass crazy, don't expect to gain anything. Be like lately Ive had to xyz and I need to do abc. Which is a priority? Dont be afraid to offer a solution. Before you go to your ETL try to talk to your TL then if they still ignore your problem then move it to your ETL. Then lastly your STL.

I'm also in beauty and we don't have to do anything that ain't beauty related. The only time I will have to go to back up cashier is if hardlines is all up on back up or any softlines are all up. Market never goes for back up. But my push is usually heavy being a high volume store. We have only 2 to open and 1 closer. I see on average 20 repacks and since we get left alone by our leadership we come clean everyday. We usually are done by lunch so we can zone do go backs process defects and set sales planners when they need to be set. We also research and push beauty cafs. We don't have to backstock just rubberband the cosmetics and sort them in the "beauty bullet". My team is amazing we get along great and we all have the same mind set when it comes to our daily tasks. It most likely your stl that makes ur job that much more harder. There's a hotline for that. And best team surveys. And stl's come n go. Our store has been thru 5 and I've been here 6 yrs.

Last edited:
Hilarious how Our beauty tms don't backup cashier anymore after my salesfloor etl told them to knock that shit off.

Heh. Nice phrasing.

Our Beauty ladies are also trained GSA’s so if they're the only ones in beauty and the front end starts falling apart they stress out because they can’t help.

Because you know there'd be 3 people wanting perfume the second the beauty TM hit the lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back