Archived Quick question, probably just freaking myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! This is my first post on here and I look forward to being part of this community! Anyway, I had a quick question. I'm the Flow Team Leader at my store (we're a 4AM store) and my ETL just called me at home and informed me that Assets Protection will be there with me at 3:30 tomorrow morning. I asked him what they will be there for and he wouldn't tell me. So this has got me thinking that maybe I'm in trouble for something. I honestly can't think of anything that I could possibly be in trouble for though. It just scares me a little so does anyone know what this could possibly be about? Thanks in advance!

Its possible that someone on your team might be under investigation. Or it could be that they need to just needing to review video on another matter, needs to install or work on some equipment.

Don't freak out, they probably wouldn't have told you if you were the one up for investigation.
Just do your job and follow BP the way you know you should.

And greeting and salutations.

Thanks for your replies! One thing I just thought of that it could be is time clock theft from team members. I know in the past they had people not clocking in and then later on they would do a punch correction and put a time that was earlier than what they actually worked. I'm not aware of anyone being investigated on that issue but it's just an idea that I had. Hopefully it's not anything to do with me personally because I know I haven't done anything to get in trouble for. Thanks again for your replies!

I find it odd that you're freaked out about this.... What are you guilty of that you hope they aren't looking at? What did you steal?

I didn't steal anything my friend. I'm sorry you find it odd. When they tell me that AP is going to be there with me but refuse to tell me why then that is a valid reason to worry. It doesn't mean I'm guilty of anything and I don't appreciate you indicating that I've done something like stealing. They didn't say that it had anything to do with me, they just wouldn't tell me what's up so I was a little concerned. People get in trouble for things they don't do sometimes, as crazy as that sounds!

I'm confused as to why they would call to tell you something you can't change or do anything about; while you were at home, off the clock.

I'm confused as to why they would call to tell you something you can't change or do anything about; while you were at home, off the clock.

Thats what I'm wondering...... Why would they call you.

Unless there going to be training with someone, or someone is being taken out of the building. Do you have an ETL-AP or is an outside AP person coming in? If it's outside AP person, an ETL or your STL is suppose to be present.

Thats what I'm wondering...... Why would they call you.

Unless there going to be training with someone, or someone is being taken out of the building. Do you have an ETL-AP or is an outside AP person coming in? If it's outside AP person, an ETL or your STL is suppose to be present.

See that's the thing, he said "someone" from AP will be in the store but he didn't say who exactly so I'm not sure if it's an outside AP person. It's just all very strange. I don't understand why they would call me when I'm sitting at home off the clock to tell me that.

maybe someone is roaming the area that time in the morning and they want you to be safe. If you were really in trouble they wouldnt have told you.

Lol. It is amazing to me that when a TM actually *does* have something to worry about everyone thinks there is nothing to worry about, but when they actually don't have anything to worry about everyone freaks out.

Guys - it is incredibly simple what is going on here.

This guy is a Flow TL. (key carrier, LOD for early morning flow)

The fact is that this Flow TL is going to be the highest level of management in the morning in the building. He is going to disarm the alarm, let the team in, etc.

Therefore, his ETL is letting him know that an AP person (probably external AP) is going to be there in the morning so that this Flow TL doesn't refuse to let the AP person the building. Normally they would not even tell a TL that much - but because he is the LOD they have to at least let him know to let AP in the building, but because he is still a TL they can't tell him anymore than that.

Obviously he would not let someone unknown to him in the building, therefore they must inform him of this. Technically his ETL-LOG should come to the store and let them in and not even tell the flow TL AP is coming, but more than likely the ETL-LOG is lazy and didn't want to get up early in the morning to do it.

Furthermore, the AP person is coming in 30 minutes *before* flow team gets there since he says this is a 4AM store but AP is getting there at 3:30. Again guys, the reasoning for this is obvious.

Someone on his team is likely stealing. AP wants to nail them tomorrow OR catch them in the act. Therefore, AP needs to be in the building.... but they need to come in 30 minutes *before* flow team arrives, otherwise the flow TM that is stealing will see AP there and - if he is smart - either jump in his car and never come back or at the very least not steal that day.

So here is what is going to happen tomorrow.

3:30AM - Flow TL arrives at stores and meets external AP.
3:35AM - Flow TL and external AP are in the store. External AP says thanks for letting us in, tells him he is forbidden to tell his team they are there, and to not ask questions.
3:40AM - External AP are camped out in the AP office.
4:00AM - Flow TL lets team in - including the TM that has been stealing.
4:01AM - External AP is watching on cameras
Sometime before 8AM - A certain flow TM gets a very unpleasant surprise
8AM - Flow TM does the walk of shame out the front doors.

Lol. It is amazing to me that when a TM actually *does* have something to worry about everyone thinks there is nothing to worry about, but when they actually don't have anything to worry about everyone freaks out.

The fact is that this Flow TL is going to be the highest level of management in the morning in the building. He is going to disarm the alarm, let the team in, etc.

Therefore, his ETL is letting him know that an AP person (probably external AP) is going to be there in the morning so that this Flow TL doesn't refuse to let the AP person the building. Normally they would not even tell a TL that much - but because he is the LOD they have to at least let him know to let AP in the building, but because he is still a TL they can't tell him anymore than that.

Obviously he would not let someone unknown to him in the building, therefore they must inform him of this. Technically his ETL-LOG should come to the store and let them in and not even tell the flow TL AP is coming, but more than likely the ETL-LOG is lazy and didn't want to get up early in the morning to do it.

Furthermore, the AP person is coming in 30 minutes *before* flow team gets there since he says this is a 4AM store but AP is getting there at 3:30. Again guys, the reasoning for this is obvious.

Someone on his team is likely stealing. AP wants to nail them tomorrow OR catch them in the act. Therefore, AP needs to be in the building.... but they need to come in 30 minutes *before* flow team arrives, otherwise the flow TM that is stealing will see AP there and - if he is smart - either jump in his car and never come back or at the very least not steal that day.

3:35AM - Flow TL and external AP are in the store. External AP says thanks for letting us in, tells him he is forbidden to tell his team they are there, and to not ask questions.

Can only hope.
Actually I take that back I hope that this is just a wierd day that someone from AP is there early in the morning and I hope noone is stealing :p

More than likely AP is observing the flow team routines and/or watching internals. They do it on a regular basis. Either your ETL called you to give you a heads up to ensure you did everything by the book from the seal audit to the security cage to signing out keys for your team or he just wanted you to know so you wouldn't be caught off guard when you get there and AP is there too.

They always had to let me know AP was coming so I could let them in. They didnt' have keys or the alarm code. They would come in at a different time than my team did and I was not to tell anyone. Most of them time I knew they were in their office watching the team. Sometimes just random other times to watch my team or the cleaning crew if there were issues.

There were a couple of times I figured out who they were watching and then I would stay away to give that person enough rope to hang themselves with. My APTL had the easiest job. We were a low theft store and she hardly seemed to work.

This. Who wants to make a bet that this is exactly what will happen?

They always had to let me know AP was coming so I could let them in. They didnt' have keys or the alarm code. They would come in at a different time than my team did and I was not to tell anyone. Most of them time I knew they were in their office watching the team. Sometimes just random other times to watch my team or the cleaning crew if there were issues. .

At my store I have a set of keys, but I have no idea what the alarm code is.

There were a couple of times I figured out who they were watching and then I would stay away to give that person enough rope to hang themselves with. My APTL had the easiest job. We were a low theft store and she hardly seemed to work.
ssshhh, if target knew how low shrink my store was I could lose my job. Its so hard to get guests to steal...:angry:

I would think that a Super Target would be better to hit then the Target down the street with more AP. Apperantly I'm wrong.

Our spot mobile guy got taken away in cuffs, the other night for stealing phones, iPods, & other electronics stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back