Archived Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there's a website where I can learn how to operate the zebra and also how to backstock? I just completed my first 2 days in my week 1 training but I didn't get a chance to learn backstocking or how to operate the zebra. My final 2 days of training isn't until Thursday and Friday which gives me about 3 days to do my own research/training. I already checked YouTube and they don't have anything so I'm hoping someone knows about a website. Thanks in advance.

OP: You are not alone. I came in at 6A to help, on a non-truck day, to finish pushing the previous day's freight. A TM who I saw also pushing, comes up to me, shows me his myDevice, and asks: "I'm new here. Can you show me how to get this to scan?"

Ah, 3T: Typical Target Training.

Also, don't do any training off-the-clock. You can be written up for it, even termed since you are under 90-days of employment.

Aside from the fact that working off the clock could cost your job, WHY would you do it for free????

The Zebra isn't difficult. Neither is back stocking. There are lots of details, but it'll come together for you with a bit of practice (on the job, not on your own time). Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you ask the same thing more than once. You'll find out quickly who the helpful (and knowledgable) TMs are at your store. I always appreciate the new TM who risks looking "dumb" because they want to do it right, rather than assume they already know everything. I have lots of patience for the first kind, very little for the one who assumes too much.

I would ask to be trained, if you screw up with backstocking it messes up a ton of different teams in the store. BRLA (Backroom Location Accuracy) is a metric that most stores take really seriously so backstocking wrong will screw up this number. SFS and Store pickups rely on things being backstocked properly so they can complete their tasks quickly.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, people would rather you ask than have you just go about doing it the way you think it should be done. And definitely don't do any work off the clock (even if its just looking through training) because depending on how strict your store is they could fire you if they find out. And as Goody said, why would you do training for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back