Archived quit job or take an loa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with Target for 5 years and I recently got a job offer and I'm considering either putting my two weeks in or doing an LOA.
I of course would not tell Target that I got a new job if I were to take a LOA. Would saying personal reasons be okay? Or since I'm in school, should I say an educational LOA?
I've also thought about working one day a week instead.
I really don't know what to do.
Can anyone offer any advice on what I should do?

I would go the 1 day a week/few weeks route. We have several team members who do this and can work more during holidays etc.. it also helps for when they need to call people in and if you dont have anything to do.

So they turned down my one day a week request...Has anyone had to deal with doing an LOA? What should I expect and how long does it take to get approved?

Also we have no HR right now so no one has been able to give me a clear answer on exactly what to do...

Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts
The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back