Quitting when Workday isn't an option

I have recently decided that I no longer wish to work for the target corporation. I have been guest advocate for the past year and a half working around my college schedule, and scheduling with Target has been constantly plagued with issues. Whether it be not scheduling me for weeks at a time, ignoring what hours I can work, scheduling me for a department that I have not been trained for, or, most recently, scheduling me on and only on several days I started over a month ago that I would not be available for, there is always a problem and it has become more grief to constantly have to push to have these issues fixed than I believe it is worth.

However, when I tried to call my store's HR with my intention, I was told by another guest advocate who picked up that HR was busy and would get back to me, before taking my name, number, and reason for calling. It has been two days and I have yet to hear word back from HR. I wish to quit effective immediatly, so I decided to try workday, but noticed there was no option to switch jobs or resign.

What should my next steps be?

Workday>Profile icon top right corner>View profile>3 dots top right corner>Job change>Resign

There is a an exit survey after that.
Explain yourself truthfully and respectfully
I cannot seem to find the "job change" tab after the three dots, the only tabs are Payroll, Personal Data. Talent, Worker History, and Additional Data.

Last edited:
I have recently decided that I no longer wish to work for the target corporation. I have been guest advocate for the past year and a half working around my college schedule, and scheduling with Target has been constantly plagued with issues. Whether it be not scheduling me for weeks at a time, ignoring what hours I can work, scheduling me for a department that I have not been trained for, or, most recently, scheduling me on and only on several days I started over a month ago that I would not be available for, there is always a problem and it has become more grief to constantly have to push to have these issues fixed than I believe it is worth.

However, when I tried to call my store's HR with my intention, I was told by another guest advocate who picked up that HR was busy and would get back to me, before taking my name, number, and reason for calling. It has been two days and I have yet to hear word back from HR. I wish to quit effective immediatly, so I decided to try workday, but noticed there was no option to switch jobs or resign.

What should my next steps be?
I’m positive it’s only what @Inboundbeast said. I can’t blame you for wanting to leave, This company’s managers really don’t give a fuck about their employees. They say talk to them about issues but it’s one ear and out the other with them. It’s rare to work for a good Target Store without lots of shitty managers.

I’m positive it’s only what @Inboundbeast said. I can’t blame you for wanting to leave, This company’s managers really don’t give a fuck about their employees. They say talk to them about issues but it’s one ear and out the other with them. It’s rare to work for a good Target Store without lots of shitty managers.
Thanks, it been a struggle trying to get my schedule ironed out and got really bad last summer, so I should have seen this coming. Still, I do not see what @Inboundbeast described on my Workday, there is no option for "Job Change" under actions, so what should I try to do next?

Thanks, it been a struggle trying to get my schedule ironed out and got really bad last summer, so I should have seen this coming. Still, I do not see what @Inboundbeast described on my Workday, there is no option for "Job Change" under actions, so what should I try to do next?
Idk how it’s not there, I was taught that by many people on how you quit properly and that it was through workday. Idk what to tell you man. But hopefully wherever you go it’ll be a better place compared to Target. I been trying to quit for so many months this year and haven’t made it past the job offer part because companies are lying about themselves hiring or are just too lazy.

I have to say, quitting online without telling HR and/or your immediate supervisor is so weird to me. I would just go to HR and tell them you are quitting and let them guide you from there.

it doesn’t show you the option because you have clicked it in the past and then decided not to do it.
I think I clicked on it once and went through the form to see what was in it.

I think it will eventually show up again in your profile after awhile.

I would just type a generic resignation letter and give SIGNED copies to your TL and HR.

I would also SCAN IT and email to yourself too to prove that you quit and didn't get fired in case you need to file for unemployment at a later date.

Last edited:
I think this happened to me before too. I clicked on it and just went through the form to see what was in it.

I think will eventually show up again in your profile but no telling when.

I would just type a generic resignation letter and give SIGNED copies to your TL and HR.

I would also SCAN IT and email to yourself too to prove that you quit and didn't get fired in case you need to file for unemployment at a later date.
This might be the best option right here. Good luck to the op. I hope find something better.

Back