Archived Racism is alive and well at my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a regular couple who shops at our store, i've seen them plenty of times before. They are and interracial couple, a large black male and a white woman who have two adopted white children. A couple weeks back they were in the checkout line when one of the girls started throwing an extremely loud tantrum. The father picks up the little girl and puts her over his shoulder and carries her out of the store, while the girl is screaming "MOMMY". I had several guests coming up to the GS counter telling me about how there was possibly a child being abducted. Thankfully i knew these people enough to tell them that they are related. One of the guests though, publicly had to make it known to the mother how she would have handled things and that the way she handled the situation was wrong.

I dont understand how people can be so elitist sometimes. I'm one to mind my own business all of the time.

Many times I witnessed a parent / gardian getting way to free with their hands on a child
toetap05.gif

When I can - I'll block them in with my car or atleast call in the plate #
disgust.gif

If I'm wrong --- I'm wrong
oops.gif

And if so --- at least theres a record of it.
thumbsup.gif

Once an ETL - ordered me to mind my own buessness -- I told him "NO"
jackoff.gif

Among many other reasons --- my conscience is clear
clapping.gif

I'm one to mind my own business all of the time.

Interesting --- Some one is being pulled into a van obviously against their will -- you walk the other way ?

I child screams "Help - Help" -- you do nothing ?

A senior falls - hits his head and is bleeding in the street -- you go on your merry way ?

A child stands in the middle of the store screaming - "Wheres my Mommy" -- you just keep zoning ?

I always like to know where people like you are ----- so I can avoid ---

Some day "You" might need help ---- look way off into the distance - you mite see someone laughing their ass off through the blood dripping down your head --- guess what - that wont me me - I would help even you
thumbsup.gif

I might not like too ------ bit it's the right thing
777ebd3e.gif

Last edited:
I can be very racist and hell, I'm white and in a great relationship with a black man. Most of my friends are black and so are my coworkers. Doesn't stop me from sometimes thinking thoughts I wish I didn't have or walking to the other side of the street if I see a group of black teenagers walking toward me or cracking racist jokes to people I know. Do I think I'm a bad person because of this? Nah... I feel it is human nature. Anything different from you you are going to think differently of. Not to mention my parents (especially my dad) are prejudice toward anyone different than them. I'm glad it's not like that with me.

I've been on both sides. I've gotten looks from shopping with my best friend (black female) in my neighborhood which is close to 85% black. My coworkers have been ignored by older white people who have asked me questions (My TL: "He doesn't like my kind"). My boyfriend and I get looks wherever we go (nevermind that he's 6'6 and I'm 5'6 or he's quite a bit older and he's very sexy and I'm... well you get the point). Hell, a year ago I went on a date with a black guy to the Cheesecake Factory. We were enjoying dinner, maybe smiling a bit more than two platonic men would be and this older (look at me, I'm also ageist, since some older people don't really care!) white couple sits down a table apart from us, takes one look at us, and requests a different table. I was fuming!

But anyway people are going to judge anyone that are different than them. People are going to judge on stereotypes. If we played the same scenario with instead a (stereotypical) white male pedophile (balding, round head, mustache, thick glasses, etc) people would be just as up in arms.

It's sad but that is reality. As long as there's more than one race (age category, gender, sexual orientation, hair color, weight, foot size, etc) there's gonna be racism (and all the -isms).

We're all guilty of having thoughts we wish we didn't. I consider myself to be as un-biased and free of prejudice as they come, but even I occasionally have thoughts that go against this. What makes the difference though is my actions speak my true intention. I think clearly and afford my fellow man(or woman) the decency that I would expect from them.

I agree with keeping ones mind on their over business, though I do think it's important for society to pay enough attention to make sure no one is being abducted or abused, so it's a fine line.
So we have a regular couple who shops at our store, i've seen them plenty of times before. They are and interracial couple, a large black male and a white woman who have two adopted white children. A couple weeks back they were in the checkout line when one of the girls started throwing an extremely loud tantrum. The father picks up the little girl and puts her over his shoulder and carries her out of the store, while the girl is screaming "MOMMY". I had several guests coming up to the GS counter telling me about how there was possibly a child being abducted. Thankfully i knew these people enough to tell them that they are related. One of the guests though, publicly had to make it known to the mother how she would have handled things and that the way she handled the situation was wrong.

I dont understand how people can be so elitist sometimes. I'm one to mind my own business all of the time.

I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally.

Lol nice. :D

Man, if I had a dime for everytime I've been called racist at work...well, I'd have 50 cents. For the record, I wasn't following them because they were black or hispanic or smurf, I followed them because they were stealing. Quit stealing, and I won't follow you, jackass!

This!

Are you sure it was because he was black? I'd be suspicious of ANY male carrying a child out of a store over their shoulder while they're screaming "MOMMY!"

Now, AFA the woman telling the mom "how she handled the situation wrong", I've had people come up to me as well and I put them in their place in no uncertain terms! I basically tell them they're my kids and the people need to mind their own business....one lady colorfully told me I needed to "discipline my kids" when we were at a FAMILY restaurant (that is REALLY loud) and my kids were simply laughing (and no, they weren't really that loud). Let me tell you, she REALLY got a piece of my mind ;)

Are you sure it was because he was black? I'd be suspicious of ANY male carrying a child out of a store over their shoulder while they're screaming "MOMMY!"

Would you say the same thing if a woman was carrying the child and they were screaming "DADDY!!!"? If not, then you'd be sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back