(rant) Hate setting gift card revisions (HQ please make it better)

1. For sidecaps do you use 97 for fronts and 98 for backs?
2. What sections do you use for the checklane pogs above?
3. What section do you use for battery outposts and in-aisle towers?

I don't know that there is a best practice for tying pogs other than following the adjacency map for an area. Anything not indicated on the map is up for store discretion as to how it is tied.

1. Sidecaps are tied to 99.

2. Checklanes pogs we follow the adjacency map: each pog is tied to a section of that checklane starting from the register. (1)Essentials (2)Snacks (4)Candy (5)Soda/vendor pogs (6)Gum/Mints (0)checklane endcaps (97 or 96)Giftcards

3. Battery outposts are also tied to 99 and if a sidecap also goes on the other end of that aisle it is tied to 98.

Fellow TMs,

I have been on the fence many times if my store is following the best practice for what section numbers the checklane pogs, battery outposts, sidecaps, and in-aisle towers should be tied to. Not that it matters to guests because the Target app doesn’t show “sections” just the aisle itself.

Currently my store is using these sections:

Ess/Candy/Snacks - my store uses section “1” of the checklane
Gum/Mints - my store uses section 98
Magazines fins - usually section 96
Giftcards - section 97
I usually use section 70 for in-aisle towers and for battery outposts currently using section 99.

what is the best practice for that to pick for sections 96-99 and section 70 which are the most commonly used?

1. For sidecaps do you use 97 for fronts and 98 for backs?

you should follow the adjacency for tying locations but as another poster mentioned the checklane pogs (including the drink coolers) should be sections 1-6 depending on the size of your checklane. check the adjacency map to see exactly what it should be for your store

For sidecaps do you use 97 for fronts and 98 for backs?
You need to look at your checklanes map . If I set a pog at checklane one based on the adjacency it gets tied to checklane one section 1 ,2 etc depends of how many sections ., for endcap would be checklane 1 section 0 . For sidecaps at the front you would only have the magazines no pigs for them
Battery outpost would be 99.
As for in aisle towers we are not allowed too but when we were I would tie it to the closed checklane that I would set it , with 97. For example if I had cb1 I would tie it to checklane 7 with section 97

Last edited:
Back