Archived Rate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoomm

ex-caffeinator
I was initially hired for Starbucks, and with a couple months' exception following major surgery, that's been where I'm generally scheduled most of the time, and what my pay rate is linked to. Lately, I've been scheduled for cafe more than anything else, to the point I don't even know what's going on in 'bux half the time I'm called to help. I recall being told something about the percentage of one's shifts/hours in a department determining what their pay rate is, but I don't remember any specifics.

At what point do I need to be worried that my rate is going to change?

With all the other BS this particular store has thrown at me, that's going to be the straw that does or doesn't break this camel's back. If my rate changes because of scheduling crap that I have no control over (because talking to my TL doesn't accomplish a damn thing, except pissing me off due to it not accomplishing a damn thing), it is literally not worth it anymore, and I'll be quitting to go elsewhere.

Edit: Sorry, probably should've posted in the Pay/Benefits section. I just woke up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don’t think where your schedule the most has any variation on your pay rate, at least at my store it doesn’t. If your keyed as barista or whatever that should be your pay rate.

I’ve been keyed in as electronics since the last wage bump, but I’m only back there 1 time a week, normally, sometimes more, occasionally not at all. Majority of my shifts are scheduled under hardlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back