Archived Read up on 4th quarter signing and I'm STUNNED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mule

Jack Of All Workcenters
Over the weekend I had a few minutes to catch up on some stuff on workbench and started skimming over the 4th quarter strategies. Lot's of the same ol' stuff, except.... there will be no overheads in seasonal this year?!?!? Really, that just amazes me. They say that it is because things will be represented enough by what's on the tables and in-line. Target is one of the most image focused retailers ever, and they aren't going to have any overheads in their seasonal departments? FOS, Power Aisle, directionals and Mini, but nothing in Seasonal this year. Nothing on the front doors either supposedly.

Just wow......

After all the raves & comments about this summer's signing....? I really expected something phenom for Christmas. Scrooge must've dropped in at corp.

*sigh of relief for the new signing guy*

i never notice the overheads anyway. The only ones i can actually remember are the big watermelon and big corn from a few months ago

Well this will make my job easier during Christmas. Hopefully they will not have overheads for the 2-Day ad. Its stupid to put them up and then have to take it down an hour later because we sold out of the product.

Just depends on how complicated the other overheads are going to be.
If they are anything like the ribbons were last year, not having to do more will be so nice.
Of course they decide not to do window clings when I finally have a Wave that I don't have to stand on the handles to reach the top of the windows.

4th quarter signing is always the best. And it has nothing to do with the huge domo I have in my living room . I have to say though that last 4th quarter signage look a bit cheap.

Didn't anyone notice that there was supposed to be a "quiet week" between Back to College/School and Halloween? My TL told me to just put up the Halloween signing after I took the BTC signing down, then there was a message on workbench about how they wanted to have a "quiet week" of no overheads to see how guests react. I see an end to overhead signing...or at least a major decrease in it.

Yea, I did the the quiet week bit even though it screwed up my schedule for signing a bit.
It would have been nice to have got it done when I planned to on the overnight, not when I was trying to build the displays for the back wall of Christmas.
Personally, I don't think the guests noticed one way or the other and my TL is going to mention that in the Halloween report.
They may be cutting back a bit on the overhead but it may mean more on the floor.

Can someone tell me if theirs a policy for taking signing/headers home?

You are supposed to destroy it since their are copyright issues and nothing is supposed to be taken home.
I've had ETL's request signs so I just smile and give it to them.

My TL told me that she talked with the STL and decided to ignore the "quiet week" between Halloween and BTS. It was more of a "quiet weekend".

I was at the grocery store.

They have a seasonal display of pumpkins, mums, scarecrows, etc. in front of the store.

Their "fall display" met up with an unhappy customer.

They were cleaning up the remnants when I happened by...

I was at the grocery store.

They have a seasonal display of pumpkins, mums, scarecrows, etc. in front of the store.

Their "fall display" met up with an unhappy customer.

They were cleaning up the remnants when I happened by...

Kinda like the lady who took out the windows with a bat.

Kinda like the lady who took out the windows with a bat.

Yeah and I'd like to ask them the same question I asked you.

Where was security and/or store managers while this was happening?

Although, it's a lot easier to smash a pumpkin than it is to smash a window.

I'm still kind of shaking my head that she managed to smash SIX windows before store security took her down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back