Archived real quick in regards to job references

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Front-End TM here, from 2008 to 2014. From what I've been told, when a prospective employer calls Target to get a reference, all they will confirm are the dates of employment and nothing else. If I lied about having been Team Lead and Then Senior Team Lead, does that mean I won't get caught? I hate to be that low of a human being, but I can't even get hired as a dishwasher, and I've already blown through all my savings and may be homeless soon, gotta pump up my resume somehow. Please help, thanks.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not trying to con my way into a good job I don't deserve, I'm just trying to get entry-level minimum wage jobs. Thank you for your time

Last edited:
and I've already blown through all my savings and may be homeless soon

Sorry to hear this.

. If I lied about having been Team Lead and Then Senior Team Lead, does that mean I won't get caught? I

I would be careful here. As a senior team lead you are saying you managed a team. Held keys and did other management things.

Is there a reason you can't come back to Target?

I would be careful here. As a senior team lead you are saying you managed a team. Held keys and did other management things.

Maybe SrTL would be taking it a bit far

Is there a reason you can't come back to Target?

I pretty much on the verge of getting shitcanned for getting zero redcards the first time around and I gave my two weeks after the third "Warning". Don't see why they would let me back in light of this. Again, to reiterate, I'm not trying to con into a management or salaried position, I just need some sort of edge to differentiate myself from everyone else in the entry level retail market, seeing as it's the only experience I have.

If it was 3 years ago the leadership may be different. I know for us if someone applies and they are rehireable we almost always give them a job.

If you say you had a position higher than you really had, you have to speak to it in an interview. Know what that position holds and be prepared for management scenarios.

And retail can be a small world with a lot of moving around. Be prepared for an interviewer to know someone you worked with. I always ask people who worked with the applicant about them if it comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back