Archived Really Target?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been reading the post on the Target Facebook page and its sad, so sad. These people are getting their online orders with games missing out of the cases, clothes ripped, missing parts, receiving used products etc...And not getting their guaranteed orders by Christmas like they were promised.
I'm a Target employee and for years now I order things from Amazon Prime because I know I will get it when they say it will be here.
Each year it gets worse.

Unfortunately I’ve had the same experience and always order from Prime. I ordered 4 things for 2 day shipping back around December 10th and I just got one of them Yesterday :/ I’ve also had multiple shattered items with no air bubbles in them.
I always shop in store first, and if we don’t carry I order from Amazon.

So I have been reading the post on the Target Facebook page and its sad, so sad. These people are getting their online orders with games missing out of the cases, clothes ripped, missing parts, receiving used products etc...And not getting their guaranteed orders by Christmas like they were promised.
I'm a Target employee and for years now I order things from Amazon Prime because I know I will get it when they say it will be here.
Each year it gets worse.

Not to argue against the first part of your comment... that is sad and terrible to know that Target is doing those things. But it's not true that Amazon always fulfills on time. I bought something on the 17th with 2-day delivery guarantee and was lucky it arrived on the 24th so I could wrap it for Christmas. My son ordered something and it was completely lost in shipping and he had to order it again. I will say their customer service seems to handle things overly well and when the first package he ordered finally showed up three weeks later, they told him to keep it for his trouble. Nothing is perfect but there is no excuse for sending ripped clothing or games missing parts or used product. I wonder though if this has only become a thing since Target started using their stores to fulfill orders instead of their warehouses.

Each year it gets worse.
This year was the worst. I have never seen such poor packing for my SFS orders as I have seen this year. Orders just thrown in a box with a few air pillows and sent on their way to arrive broken. Heavy items send with small breakables and insufficient packing. This hasn’t happened just once, but several times. Apparently people are either not taught to pack properly or are too rushed by deadlines to do it. I have never had any problems with Amazon orders, they arrive on time and in good condition. Target should not be sending out items that are not pristine, period. Pressure to avoid INFs seems to lead to our teams sending out items in any condition just to complete the order. No one seems to understand or care that metrics are the means meant to ensure the end that orders are processed correctly for the guest, not the end in themselves.

Nothing is perfect but there is no excuse for sending ripped clothing or games missing parts or used product. I wonder though if this has only become a thing since Target started using their stores to fulfill orders instead of their warehouses.
I think that’s a lot of the problem.

This year was the worst. I have never seen such poor packing for my SFS orders as I have seen this year. Orders just thrown in a box with a few air pillows and sent on their way to arrive broken. Heavy items send with small breakables and insufficient packing. This hasn’t happened just once, but several times. Apparently people are either not taught to pack properly or are too rushed by deadlines to do it. I have never had any problems with Amazon orders, they arrive on time and in good condition. Target should not be sending out items that are not pristine, period. Pressure to avoid INFs seems to lead to our teams sending out items in any condition just to complete the order. No one seems to understand or care that metrics are the means meant to ensure the end that orders are processed correctly for the guest, not the end in themselves.

Stores were not equipped to handle the large amount of SFS and OPU orders. In order to just get the product out, they were throwing TMs into it without training.

Additionally, once that box is packed and shipped it’s on the shipping company to get the box to the guest in good shape. I’ve fielded plenty of calls and in person complaints from guests because their box has arrived smashed in or otherwise messed up. And they don’t get that it’s not just Target that handles their order.

PLUS. There are the scammers and liars on Facebook that see Target making it right and they are getting in on the action.

Also, while I have no doubt that many packers pack inappropriately, in addition to the time crunch and no INF pressure (so they send items no matter the condition), there's also an issue with getting supplies. We regularly have no air pillows for a week at a time, and stuff that should go in boxes ends up in bags when the pack stations are out of boxes and hour cuts mean no one working is trained on the Wave or Crown and can get more.

Also, while I have no doubt that many packers pack inappropriately, in addition to the time crunch and no INF pressure (so they send items no matter the condition), there's also an issue with getting supplies. We regularly have no air pillows for a week at a time, and stuff that should go in boxes ends up in bags when the pack stations are out of boxes and hour cuts mean no one working is trained on the Wave or Crown and can get more.
Amen. Sad but true.

I have this conversation with my ETL these past two years. I would rather have them INF an order instead of them pulling a damaged product or damaged box to fullfil an OPU. Nothing worse than bringing out the product to the guest and having them see the condition. I then have to take my time to find another one. How is this effective?

If anyone here thinks someone at corporate gives one fat fucking turd if little Timmy got a crutch that's broken or not from Target, you're deceiving yourself. Brian would sell Timmy's soul to Satan for a bbq for a buck. Until it hits them in the pocketbook or goes wildly public, as in the national news, it's business as usual. Shove that shit in a box, collate that crap, and move on.

Stores were not equipped to handle the large amount of SFS and OPU orders. In order to just get the product out, they were throwing TMs into it without training.

Additionally, once that box is packed and shipped it’s on the shipping company to get the box to the guest in good shape. I’ve fielded plenty of calls and in person complaints from guests because their box has arrived smashed in or otherwise messed up. And they don’t get that it’s not just Target that handles their order.

PLUS. There are the scammers and liars on Facebook that see Target making it right and they are getting in on the action.
How much common sense does it take to carefully pack glasses or a snowglobe instead of just throwing it into a box? No amount of great service from the shipping company is going to protect that product.

How much common sense does it take to carefully pack glasses or a snowglobe instead of just throwing it into a box? No amount of great service from the shipping company is going to protect that product.

It doesn't take much common sense, but we're talking Target here, right? Common sense isn't much of a factor. If you don't get something done fast enough, they'll move you out and find someone who will.

For the broken items : we ran out of bubble wrap, air pillows ... didn’t receive any supplies for almost 8 weeks even though we kept ordering them ... we can not do our job properly if we don’t have the tools to do it ...

Just keep packing, just keep packing .....

I’ve had glass items packaged carefully from Target and they have arrived broken because of UPS. I returned to the store with the damn things still wrapped in the bubble wrap. So if UPS handled that box better, my shit would have been fine.

And common sense? Please. There is no room for common sense. There is a reason why the SFS team is supposed to be trained on shipping and packaging standards. Same for guest service. No room for common sense there either. That’s why there are broken returns in the reshop bins. Because someone who hopped on to help clear guest service thought oh it’s a return it goes in reshop instead of using the brain God gave them to defect it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back