Archived Receivers Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
I heard today that STLs at the Fall National Meeting were talking about creative ways to save payroll, and one thing that some stores are doing is eliminating the Reverse Logistics position and just having the backroom TMs check in vendors.

There are a million and one reasons why this won't work at all, with reason number one being the fact that receivers do a LOT more than just sit around checking in vendors. But do your STL and ETLs know that?

Luckily our store won't be doing this since our STL has a logistics background and knows how important our receiver is, and she was talking about it in a "can you believe this crazy shit" tone of voice.

However, if you are a receiver at a store that is susceptible to STLs implementing creative ways to save payroll without first thinking them through, be prepared to fight this and explain why it won't work.

Yeah that won't work in higher volume stores. Just way to many people going in and out to have backroom try and handle it. And if one backroom person is in the other stock room across the store how are they going to check in anyone?

That won't fly at my store. My STL has a logistics background and we are too high volume to expect the backroom TMs to handle that especially when there's hardly anyone in the backroom room and if they are they are swamped with CAFs.

Well, fuck. As if I didn't dread coming to work as it was. I mean, I don't think the STL or ETL-LOG will try and cut the hours anytime soon, knowing this is a possibility sucks. Don't know the STL weel enough to say, but pretty sure the ETL-LOG understands that my job is more than letting vendors into the building (I've harped enough about ESIM and sweeps for that I think!), at least.

But still. If it turns out they want to cut my hours/position, I might have to "cut" all the helpful documentation and work aids I've collected over the last couple months.

I applaud these people. They never cease to amaze me. Who would've thought REVERSE logistics TMs only RECEIVE product. *facepalms through face* It's okay though, backroom can totally handle receiving, sweeps, esims, MIRs, credits, paper work, paper work, and paper work on top of cafs, pogs, exfs, research, audits, backstock, ff, etc right?

So I got a call from the receiver at a supertarget in our district during the week,the back room had shrink wrapped all their remaining back to school product and the receiver was told by the stl to put all the pallets on the sweep truck without any scanning or accounting whatsoever and it wasn't even a merchandise sweep week.The level of ignorance about what happens in receiving is amazing,it will be interesting to see how this situation developes.Management with experience will know how risky this is,unfortunately there are so many that do not know what they are doing and saving more hours will be so tempting.I wish all reverse logistics tms the best of luck.

Won't happen at my store. My STL was an ETL-Log who trusts our receiver. We can barely manage when she's not here.

I guess this makes sense why my store is already talking about getting everyone cross-trained in reverse logistics

So I got a call from the receiver at a supertarget in our district during the week,the back room had shrink wrapped all their remaining back to school product and the receiver was told by the stl to put all the pallets on the sweep truck without any scanning or accounting whatsoever and it wasn't even a merchandise sweep week.The level of ignorance about what happens in receiving is amazing,it will be interesting to see how this situation developes.Management with experience will know how risky this is,unfortunately there are so many that do not know what they are doing and saving more hours will be so tempting.I wish all reverse logistics tms the best of luck.
I bet the DC will just send them right back on your next truck. We've had something like that happen before.

I heard today that STLs at the Fall National Meeting were talking about creative ways to save payroll, and one thing that some stores are doing is eliminating the Reverse Logistics position and just having the backroom TMs check in vendors.

There are a million and one reasons why this won't work at all, with reason number one being the fact that receivers do a LOT more than just sit around checking in vendors. But do your STL and ETLs know that?

Luckily our store won't be doing this since our STL has a logistics background and knows how important our receiver is, and she was talking about it in a "can you believe this crazy shit" tone of voice.

However, if you are a receiver at a store that is susceptible to STLs implementing creative ways to save payroll without first thinking them through, be prepared to fight this and explain why it won't work.

This is probably gonna happen to my store. We have 3 receivers and 2 of them non-stop calls out. The other one is only there for a 4 hr shift 3 days a week.. so.. essentially, it really is lime we don't have receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back