Archived Receiving Ship to Store Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
Who checks in the ship to store packages at your store? Is it different right now because of the busy season?

At other stores in my area, they are brought up front and the GSTL or GSTM will take care of it when they have time. This seems reasonable to me, since there is no deadline and there will inevitably be slow times when they can get to it.

At my store, it still falls on SFS to collect them from receiving and process them on the PDA. Sometimes this leads to them piling up for a few days because we are rushing to meet our deadlines and clock out on time. If I ask the GSTL nicely, sometimes they will do it, while other times I'll get a power tripping GSA who refuses to even attempt to help because it's always been SFS's job at our store.

Earlier this week I spent 3 hours working on STS because it had been piling up for a few days after nobody had time to do it. I'm just looking for ideas to suggest at my store.

We have a cart in our receiving area for them, and a FFTM brings them up to the GSTL to be processed.

There is a deadline but usually its 3 days after you receive it (I believe). Honestly its best to process it as soon as you get it so it doesnt get lost in transit. At my store its anyone that ends up getting it that knows how to do it.

But by the way, I've been informed that there is a deadline and that its 3PM local time on the day you get the package delivered. However, it could be BS fed to me by my STL
We were told 2pm when it first started, but USPS always delivered right before 2pm, making that deadline impossible. However, there is no metric that I can find on it, and at my store only things that have metrics to be graded actually matter.

The FF tm would do them, now if they have been delivered the receiver will drop them at guest service peeps now have to them same day cause there isn't room to let them pile up.

It’s still the FFTM that process the items. The receiver gets packages from FedEx/UPS/USPS, divides up the STS onto a flat or cart by the SFS area, FFTM process it on at guest service. Our ETL told us we should receive after packing is completing but last few weeks it’s about a day or 2 after we receive to actually process.
A few days ago STS global error occurred so the next day, there was 3 flats of STS items. Took 3 different team members at 3 different times with 2 hours for each flat.

At my old store Hr did them. At my new store it's the reciever.

The deadline is a joke I remember my old store hr didnt work weekends and some wouldn't get scanned in for 2 or 3 days

Also since some come via usps rather than ups sometimes we wouldn't scan them in until the following day since they came so late in the day.

The great thing about ship to store is you can blame everything on the DC.

Although I hated having to call csc about cancelled orders sitting on hold for half an hour. Also love when ship to store orders aren't picked up because then we can add them to the store inventory and they are usually clearance as online only items. Got myself a nice pillow after it didn't sell for two days .

Either backroom or SFS takes care of it. The thought of a GSTL doing it at my store is comical

Receiver signs for the packages, takes then to GS. GSTM or GSTL checks them in to have them ready for OPU

Usually the GSTM. The temp SFS TL has been helping with it lately, because there is so much. When it rolled out, I thought it was supposed to be GS.

Its always been a SFS tm who does it with us, we tried to pawn it off to GS but that lasted a week because they never bothered. But we've been slammed with receiving those orders so i've been staying late when im the backroom closer and getting this finished so our temp SFS TL isn't swamped with them in the mornings.

On that note, do you guys receive them into bags? or still the ol sticker method? They wanted us to bag our orders but it takes way too long so i've just been skipping it.

Receiver or SFS TM in our store.

We use the sticker method and stick it in the bags

Receiver signs for the packages, takes then to GS. GSTM or GSTL checks them in to have them ready for OPU
That's the way I do it at my store. When I get Fedex Express or Ups next day pkgs I take them to gs as soon as I can and tell gs the guest paid extra for the delivery so they will process it right away. After all by tracking the pkg guest can see where the pkg is and what time it was delivered .

Interesting to see such a mix of responses. I was fully expecting everyone to say the front-end team does it, and that my store is crazy for having SFS do it.

We still have hours for the OPU Pick workcenter heading into the new year, so if that becomes a permanent job I plan to have that TM take care of STS as well.

On that note, do you guys receive them into bags? or still the ol sticker method? They wanted us to bag our orders but it takes way too long so i've just been skipping it.
I bag them and put 1 sticker on the outside of the bag. I was not a fan of bagging orders when we started, but the new red OPU bags are really nice and easy to stuff without ripping, and it does make the hold locations a lot cleaner and easier to look through.

That's the way I do it at my store. When I get Fedex Express or Ups next day pkgs I take them to gs as soon as I can and tell gs the guest paid extra for the delivery so they will process it right away. After all by tracking the pkg guest can see where the pkg is and what time it was delivered .
I've never seen a UPS next day package for ship to store, but the FedEx Express ones come pretty frequently. With those, the guest isn't actually paying anything extra for overnight shipping. It has something to do with Target's contract with FedEx that allows them to send out most things as Express instead of Ground.

They try to push it off on me… I’m the receiver… But I absolutely refuse to start that trend. Our guest service team does it.

Guest service/GSTL does it at my store, though officially best practice (and where the hours go) is to flexible fulfillment, meaning OPU Pick, Backroom, or SFS.

Guest service/GSTL does it at my store, though officially best practice (and where the hours go) is to flexible fulfillment, meaning OPU Pick, Backroom, or SFS.
Lol SFS does not get hours for that. Our hours are strictly based on 6 hours of payroll for every 100 units of SFS forecasted.

Best practice is for gsa/GSTL to process them.

Most stores didn't get ship from store until this year so no it shouldn't fall on them.

Used to be backroom's tasks, went to SFS after E2E.

I've talked to the LOG and GE ETLs about GSA/TLs taking it over or even just helping out and both were very opposed to the idea. Got some nonsense reasons like they can't be bothered to track down a PDA just for STS and "SFS should just handle all the fulfillment."

Nobody seems to care when we let it pile up for days 'cause were not even staffed well enough for SFS/SPU so whatever.

Receiver get’s the delivery/returns, GSA/GSTL handles them.

I was told since the beginning it was my job as the receiver. It’s tough sometimes to finish it only getting 32 hours usually. I would love to just dump and run on the front end though! Stupid question here. Is FFTM flexible fulfillment team member?

I was told since the beginning it was my job as the receiver. It’s tough sometimes to finish it only getting 32 hours usually. I would love to just dump and run on the front end though! Stupid question here. Is FFTM flexible fulfillment team member?

?
You’re a receiver? And you’re part time? Do you assist a full timer at a high volume store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back