Archived Red 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they kinda missed the whole point of people wanting a place where they can work things out without being under the thumb of Spot.
There are many circumstances where having the boss standing over you just makes things worse and a social network where you have to use a Spot approved log-in is going to be next to useless.
Nobody really minds if they want to look in (as long as it isn't to find people to punish), in fact I would encourage it -- there are some really bright people here with very good ideas that would help this company do so much better.
Just don't think you're going to be able to copy the environment, it ain't going to happen.
For one thing there won't be any beer or coffee.

IFor one thing there won't be any beer or coffee.

Gosh, imagine if there was, but Spot would never allow that. But as invictustaylor pointed out, there might be some of that "status alignment", but that would just make the whole point of expression your opinion pointless> Spot wants you to have an opinion as long as it lines up with their policy :p

I'm stayin off red 360. That's pretty much setting myself up to fall. It would take me all of thirty seconds to say something so inappropriate and off brand that I would be immediately termed. lol

I was having a little nose around at work this morning on sharepoint and there is couple of emails sent out and an interesting powerpoint about the way team members feel the need to collaborate via social media to better themselves in the work environment. This forum is mentioned a couple of times. I also chuckled to myself as I read, I forget the exact wording but it goes something like (and you can tell the shock and horror in cooperate voice as he's writing this) "And social media such as "Thebreakroom.org where you don't even need a target email to access it, making it available to anyone on the web"

Liek OMG...everyone is going to find out Target secrets!
Now that is so funny!

I think they kinda missed the whole point of people wanting a place where they can work things out without being under the thumb of Spot.
There are many circumstances where having the boss standing over you just makes things worse and a social network where you have to use a Spot approved log-in is going to be next to useless.
Nobody really minds if they want to look in (as long as it isn't to find people to punish), in fact I would encourage it -- there are some really bright people here with very good ideas that would help this company do so much better.
For one thing there won't be any beer or coffee.
So true! Plus, we work as a big team to help tm's out!
:drinks: plus redeye58's humor! Gtc to her!

I was having a little nose around at work this morning on sharepoint and there is couple of emails sent out and an interesting powerpoint about the way team members feel the need to collaborate via social media to better themselves in the work environment. This forum is mentioned a couple of times. I also chuckled to myself as I read, I forget the exact wording but it goes something like (and you can tell the shock and horror in cooperate voice as he's writing this) "And social media such as "Thebreakroom.org where you don't even need a target email to access it, making it available to anyone on the web"

Hehe, I saw that powerpoint.

I'm stayin off red 360. That's pretty much setting myself up to fall. It would take me all of thirty seconds to say something so inappropriate and off brand that I would be immediately termed. lol

That's kinda the reason why I don't get invited to chat sessions any more....

@HLM - re: humor, Thx. You guys give me a place to let down my hair (so to speak).

anyone who saw the powerpoint wanna give cliffs? How was this place brought up? What was said and how did they present it?

Haha I saw that same thing.

I have given feedback multiple times that the forums available during remodels would be extremely beneficial year round. they are generally better than mysupport. so if it would work like that i am all for it. if it is something dumb like a social site or for fun then that is just stupid. like. really. stupid.

I got on. Funny how we can't see eachother's last names on the schedules, but it shows everyone's FULL name for anniversaries.

thats interesting,going to try it later but I can not see it being anything but soft core,too risky.

you might want to spend some times giving glowing reviews of your exec staff you want to get rid of.
Can't hurt to help them out the door to another location by elevating their balloon, I mean ego.

I glanced at it at the store. Just a happy-yappy, glee-type blog.
No controversies or downers allowed.
Any unhappy posts had a perky rebuttal promising a quick fix.

anyone who saw the powerpoint wanna give cliffs? How was this place brought up? What was said and how did they present it?

Honestly it was just kind of mentioned in passing. But interestingly enough the way I read it Target is almost talking positively about thebreakroom.org. But as I mentioned you could tell from the tone they did not like the fact that it was open to anyone on the net.

I did check out red360 today. its just red magazine in an electronic format, basically just rubbing it in our faces how they would rather spend 1000's on advertising and sponsoring while paying us peanuts. lol

I didn't notice a forum? but you can comment on the various articles. My guess is they don't actually want team members collaborating on there being as I could be classed as working off the clock?

So that being said your pretty much limited to saying "OMGee Shawn white is my fav snowboarder of all time."

Last edited:
I tried visiting it today and it doesn't exist. They said it was launched on the 10th. :unknw:

Ah, that's why. I must have misread. I thought you'd be able to access it at home as well.

I typed in the website was able to get to the login page but I didn't log in. So it's up and maybe you can access it from home? I don't want to login just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back