Archived Red balls in front of Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your local Target have red balls in front of it? The Targets in my area have them. Kids really enjoy those balls.

My store has no balls.
drinkbeer.gif

Their concrete blocks designed aesthetically to prevent people purposely and intentionally from driving into the doors. To sum it up... a pretty, unique solution Target came up with to control accidents from idiots.

We have them at mine but they're spaced to where if someone wanted to they could still drive right into the doors so they're kinda pointless there

A guest once ran into one of my stores balls; they sent it rolling across the parking lot. The PMT had to roll it back. True story.
Despite being concerte, I'm surprised it didn't crack. Curious... did they re-apply cement around it?

Not immediently. And nope, didn't crack either, although it did total the guests car. We are just lucky she didn't go into the building.

A guest once ran into one of my stores balls; they sent it rolling across the parking lot. The PMT had to roll it back. True story.
They are officially called bollards, and a neighboring Target had a guest hit one and knock it off its anchor. Amazingly, it rolled from the store all the down to the bottom of the parking lot without hitting anything at all. I also heard that the same store had a police car hit one, although the bollard stayed put.

Their concrete blocks designed aesthetically to prevent people purposely and intentionally from driving into the doors. To sum it up... a pretty, unique solution Target came up with to control accidents from idiots.
....until someone comes up in a Scion, Cooper Mini, Fiat, Honda Fit or some other little roller skate vehicle.

....until someone comes up in a Scion, Cooper Mini, Fiat, Honda Fit or some other little roller skate vehicle.
Or even if they drive straight up, pretty much any car hell bent on hitting the building could do so.

I remember growing up when the Target near me had someone hit one of the columns next to the front doors at full speed. It was years before they got that fixed.

my old store doesn't have the red balls they just have cement blocks in front of the store

We have the red balls. One day after work, I was walking to my car while texting. I walked right into a red ball...I did say excuse me tho...cause I had thought I had walked into a person. So, lesson learned don't txt and walk!
Texting while doing anything else is always a Bad Idea ;)

My HRTL told me a story after our bollards got hit about how (at her previous store) a DC truck didn't quite make the turn and knocked not one, but two bollards off their posts and they shot out into the parking lot like a giant game of pinball. HRTL apparently chased after them, using her whole body weight to try to slow them down so they wouldn't damage any cars. It worked, but she ended up covered in red paint marks. Somehow people thought she was taken to the hospital until she said over walkie "I'm still here, guys, I'm not hurt." Turns out, the bollards weigh two tons apiece and need a crane to lift them.

My store only has them I front of where our clerical is if a car was coming from the lot, not in front of the doors. Incidentally, a few years ago a truck decided to try and steal the ATM and drove through the front of my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back