Archived Reducing Back stock in freezer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I main the freezer dept in ouys r store for about several months now and it concerns me that the inventory system or what ever decides what to ship to my store gives me a LaRGE amount of backstock, particularly frozen veggies and Lean Cuisine meatloaf and Amys. Ive back stocked for example 50 meatloafs in the system yet the damn system keeps sending me boxes of 12 count meat loafs. why would they keep sending me a particular item if The system reads i have 50 in the back in wacos? doesnt make anysense. Any tips to remedy this problem?

See if your counts are up to date. Sometimes the FDC decides to push a large quantity just to get it out of the warehouse if they have a lot of it. Are you due for an endcap reset? Sometimes those are on an endcap.

Yeah we always saw a huge wave of lean cuisine and Amy’s type items right before a big end cap set where capacities are like 40-50

Endcap. the Lean Cuisine eaches are only about 1" thick and freezer endcaps are deep so each slot can hold a whole shitton. Even if you've got a huge pile of casepacks I guarantee you it will all push

ahh thanks guys though I wish I were able to TPC some of the larger quantities of those darn frozen meals, wont let me on the Zebra/Mydevice. at most there is ONE UBOAT and 2 palletes of push in my freezer on a bad day which isnt that bad compared to the numerous freezer employees in the past so im doing good Soloing it. Welp back to work later *puts on anti ice gloves*

ahh thanks guys though I wish I were able to TPC some of the larger quantities of those darn frozen meals, wont let me on the Zebra/Mydevice. at most there is ONE UBOAT and 2 palletes of push in my freezer on a bad day which isnt that bad compared to the numerous freezer employees in the past so im doing good Soloing it. Welp back to work later *puts on anti ice gloves*
Try to do it via computer in the fixture room.

See if your counts are up to date. Sometimes the FDC decides to push a large quantity just to get it out of the warehouse if they have a lot of it. Are you due for an endcap reset? Sometimes those are on an endcap.

Best answer by far. A lot of the time the DC will push merch to stores to free up space. If its not on sale/endcap get with your ETL so they can TPC it. We have done this in the past when the FDC decided it was time to purge pallets of stuff that was about to expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back