Archived Reducing hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread about this since I'm new to forums so I'm sorry if I haven't posted this correctly.
When I applied to Target I'm not sure how many hours I said I wanted to work a week but with my schedule it seems like it was 30-35.

With how my shift went yesterday and me now realizing I can't handle what I thought I could handle (my first job ever, I didn't know what 30 hours a week would be like) I'm thinking I want to be scheduled a little less.

Is there any way to go about changing it? Would it reflect too badly on me to do so? Who should I speak to? Thank you so much for any help :)

If you are under 90 days you are stuck with that schedule. Your initial employment is based of your signed off availability.

You can post some of your shifts on the swap shift board.

If your store as one. It's a paper sheet with your shift on it. Someone's takes your shift & lod signs off on it. If no one takes your shift, you have to come in. There is another option called branch messager, ask your hr tm. They know folks who want hours too.

How does the swap shift board work?

See if you have branch or use a paper swap shift board. If you have a swap shift board as soon as the schedule comes out write your shifts down and see which ones get picked up. Any opening shifts will be popular. Closing and four hour shifts are sometimes hard to get rid of.

Also speak to hr. My store rarely has training hours for new cashier's. I would love to have your shifts to give the new cashier's upon hire.

Woops I am definitely under 90 days. That sucks. rip

I guess I'll just have to stick with it and post shifts on the swap shift board. Is there an unspoken rule about how many shifts you can swap? I don't remember anyone telling me how many is allowed. I'm not looking to swap a whole week or anything, but maybe one every two weeks or something? Is that usually okay?

Should be fine. I would still talk to HR though. They won't usually let you change your availability in your first 90 days, but you may be able to limit the number of hours you are scheduled.

I guess I'll just have to stick with it and post shifts on the swap shift board. Is there an unspoken rule about how many shifts you can swap? I don't remember anyone telling me how many is allowed. I'm not looking to swap a whole week or anything, but maybe one every two weeks or something? Is that usually okay?

As long as the shift is covered they don't care. Branch keeps shift swap stats so it will tell you what tms have dropped and picked up the most shifts the past 30 days. My old store had someone who would constantly have 12 over 30 days which is a little over half her shifts.

Again as long as it's covered they don't care. Worst case they schedule you less.

Thank you guys so much for the help! My first swap seems to have gone through since my online schedule changed. On the paper version it says "NHIRE". Did I get it approved because I'm a new hire?

Hey, for my second swap shift someone signed up to take it but it never got the LOD sign off. It's for tomorrow and I forgot to ask someone about it before I left tonight. I'm okay to go in and do the shift but I just wanted to confirm that I'm still responsible for it, don't wanna show up when another person is there to take it instead. So I should still go in right?

Hey, for my second swap shift someone signed up to take it but it never got the LOD sign off. It's for tomorrow and I forgot to ask someone about it before I left tonight. I'm okay to go in and do the shift but I just wanted to confirm that I'm still responsible for it, don't wanna show up when another person is there to take it instead. So I should still go in right?

Call and talk to the LOD. Explain that another TM signed off to take your shift. Then your good.

Correct you are still responsible for it. The reason the LOD signature is so important is a lot of people sign for shifts they can't take. They may already be working part of the time your shift is for, they may be about to hit overtime, some people take shifts for areas they aren't trained for.

You shouldn't make a trip in though you may not need to make. I would ask the LOD to approve the swap via phone.

Hahahaha I got bamboozled. Called and asked about it and said if it wasn't approved I could still come in, LOD said "Why don't you guys both come in and work then!". Amazing. I'm okay with it anyways.

Hahahaha I got bamboozled. Called and asked about it and said if it wasn't approved I could still come in, LOD said "Why don't you guys both come in and work then!". Amazing. I'm okay with it anyways.
I'm hearing all shifts can use additional help if it's available. Payroll Must be being abused everywhere as I'm sure many people are showing up for shifts and working regardless of being scheduled...

I'm hearing all shifts can use additional help if it's available. Payroll Must be being abused everywhere as I'm sure many people are showing up for shifts and working regardless of being scheduled...

Huh. Not at my store. The other day, the CA was scheduled to leave 1.5 hours before close. When TL asked if he could stay longer, LOD said no bc payroll was so tight. Plus we get notices on practically every grid lately that we must work no more time than our allotted shift and even leave early if we can. Been in effect all month. Hopefully July is a different story.

Huh. Not at my store. The other day, the CA was scheduled to leave 1.5 hours before close. When TL asked if he could stay longer, LOD said no bc payroll was so tight. Plus we get notices on practically every grid lately that we must work no more time than our allotted shift and even leave early if we can. Been in effect all month. Hopefully July is a different story.
I have to admit most people I've spoken to as to actually following the rules are dayside. I work overnight as to they don't always follow best practice. Truthfully speaking, if someone shows up and aren't scheduled, they're supposed to be sent home. We're normally so short staffed as I'm sure others are as well, Leaders allows them to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back