Archived REGISTRY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
third day of cashiering today and a guest comes up with a bunch of items and a bunch of pieces of paper and says their on the registry.... i was like okay And just scanned the items then the registry and selected the items i thought she said... idk. i just wanna know what on earth is the registry and did i do it right?? lol i hope i didnt mess anything up for this poor woman

Registries as in wedding and baby registries lol. You did the right thing. When the screen asks you which items I just briefly run through the items with the guest to make sure they got the right stuff. A gift receipt will automatically print out for the registry items and that's all there is to it.

You scan the items.
Then you scan the registry sheet.
Verify the proper items that are associated with the registry.
And hand the gift receipt to the guest. And tell the guest to make sure the party gets the gift receipt for exchanges/returns.

If the guest says the items are on a registry after the transaction has already been completed, scan the registry barcode and follow the prompts on the register,

If the guest has an item that "should be on the registry" but isn't, they probably just got something that wasn't an exact matching DPCI. Just make sure you hit K6 so that item is included on the gift receipt. That way, if the recipient doesn't want the item, he/she can just return it like normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back