Regular lands as SCO questions

I have a few questions about turning a regular lane into a SCO lane

• Is cash back an option? If so does a TM need to deal with that or does the cash drawer open without TM interaction?
  • How does the light work? The SCOs have RGB lights for the TM to see
  • How do you deal with the tool to unlock the spider wraps? At my store it’s attached to most of the regular lanes except a few
  • How do you tell guests that it’s in SCO mode and that it’s card only
  • Do more guests use it because of the belt and space?
  • Who makes the decision to turn a lane into SCO at your store? Any TM/TL/ETL. Does it happen when the line is a certain length and people are coming up?
  • Did you test it with non register TMs off the clock/on break? Or did they shop and then clock in to test it? Did you use TM family?
  • If your store knows the feature exist and doesn’t use it why?
My store just got regular SCO early this quarter /late last quarter

If possible please post pictures of any signs you use to identify it as a SCO and if you do anything with the spider wrap keys besides completely removing them from the lane

Thats a lot of very borad and in depth questions that sounds like something that should be discussed with the leadership at your store. I think its going to vary greatly based on your self checkout setup. One local store is a P-Fresh with the half lanes and 4 SCO open on one side so they turned the checkout into a SCO. The other nearby store is a Super Target with 4 SCOs in a square on both the blue and green sides and they dont use any regular lanes for SCO.

Is cash back an option? If so does a TM need to deal with that or does the cash drawer open without TM interaction?
TM has to open it
How does the light work? The SCOs have RGB lights for the TM to see
Either spot will get custom LED lights as signs or a guest will look for the SCO person.
How do you deal with the tool to unlock the spider wraps? At my store it’s attached to most of the regular lanes except a few
Give it to a TM to unlock it
How do you tell guests that it’s in SCO mode and that it’s card only
TECHNICALLY, it is not on brand for SCOs to be in "card only" mode. However, we have the new Next Gen SCO and christ, they break so often its really sad. They really should add a card-only mode lol.

Small volume stores don't actually have an ATM SCO, so if a Guest does want to use Cash, a TM has to come and log in, and there is a drawer. These stores were actually the first to get the new POS SCO app since there aren't any drivers, just a screen, printer, and card reader, all things that the New POS had driver support for. They had it for MONTHS before us.
Who makes the decision to turn a lane into SCO at your store? Any TM/TL/ETL. Does it happen when the line is a certain length and people are coming up?
SETL I'd assume.

Back