Archived Regular TM Doing TL Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the proper location for this post but here it goes

I’ve been with target for 15 years and got moved to backroom day in 2016. Since then I’ve been the opener and taking responsibilities for pricing and I stocks since we have no team or team leader for those departments. Since January 2018 I’ve assumed responsibility for the backroom leader position since our last one got terminated and everyone praises me saying I do such a great job and I’m pretty much the go to person.

Now I hear that they want someone outside to be the official backroom team leader, they’ve been training these two other employees for the position and I can’t but help to feel like I’ve been used and they don’t really value or appreciate everything I’ve done. I went from 40 hours a week down to 16.

Has anyone ever gone through this? Covered a position for such a long time only for it to be given to someone else?

Did you tell them you want it?
Yes. I’ve told them. And have expressed my interest in it. Even before all of this I have been looking on JAS for opening positions at other stores

Yes. I’ve told them. And have expressed my interest in it. Even before all of this I have been looking on JAS for opening positions at other stores
What are some of your weaknesses? Name 5.

Yes, I have seen this happen. Sounds like your experience and work ethic isn't appreciated. And you went down in hours? I doubt you did anything wrong. Probably because you are tenured. They would probably rather have someone who has never worked a day in their life. Similar to how they give the management positions to people straight out of college with no work experience in a lot of stores.

Yes, I have seen this happen. Sounds like your experience and work ethic isn't appreciated. And you went down in hours? I doubt you did anything wrong. Probably because you are tenured. They would probably rather have someone who has never worked a day in their life. Similar to how they give the management positions to people straight out of college with no work experience in a lot of stores.
Because running a company with completely inexperienced kool-aid drinkers works so well. Not!🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back