Archived Rehire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakeven

Work Bitch
I left Target back in August to pursue another job opportunity. I put my two weeks in at Target and completed them. I feel like I left on good terms. I'm friends with my former GSTL/LOD. They told me to call the location I applied to and to talk to HR regarding the status of my application. Any tips on getting hired back? My former GSTL said that it shouldn't be a problem getting hired back as I'm trained in hardlines, cashier, and guest service.

Did you call? Its been 2 hours.
I did. I talked to someone from HR and they told me to call my old store to request a transfer to the new store. That way I can bypass the interview, etc. I think I'm good. Hopefully.

We can easily re-instate you within 90 days. Takes just a couple of forms we send to HROC and about 3 minutes of our time. You will not have to go through anther orientation, paperwork etc. We can get you started as soon as we have hours for you. In your case it should not be a problem, there are always shifts on the shift board lol.

We can easily re-instate you within 90 days. Takes just a couple of forms we send to HROC and about 3 minutes of our time. You will not have to go through anther orientation, paperwork etc. We can get you started as soon as we have hours for you. In your case it should not be a problem, there are always shifts on the shift board lol.
That's what I figured but I talked to my old HR today and they told me they can't reinstate me because I'm not coming back to my old store. The new store I applied at is basically going to keep my application as a new hire.

That's what I figured but I talked to my old HR today and they told me they can't reinstate me because I'm not coming back to my old store. The new store I applied at is basically going to keep my application as a new hire.

Your new store will do it. The new store will send two Universal change forms to HROC. One for re-instatement and one for location transfer. They can do both on the same day. It may take a day or two for you to populate at your new location. You can start before you populate, just make sure to fill out punch corrections.

Honestly it's so much easier for us to re-instate someone than do a new hire. No Orientation and no paperwork, just those two Universal Change forms.

Honestly it's so much easier for us to re-instate someone than do a new hire. No Orientation and no paperwork, just those two Universal Change forms.
Should I call the new store and tell them that or just wait it out? The new store told me to call them back on Monday.

Can't hurt to call them and let them know they could do a re-instatement instead of a new hire because it has been less than 90 days. They may want to do an interview first though. We always do an interview first before we re-instate a TM from a different location to make sure you are a good fit for us.

Can't hurt to call them and let them know they could do a re-instatement instead of a new hire because it has been less than 90 days. They may want to do an interview first though. We always do an interview first before we re-instate a TM from a different location to make sure you are a good fit for us.
I called the new store and they pretty much said the same thing. I would need to have an interview first to see if I would be a match for their store. After that they can revisit the option of reinstating me.

Not sure if it is just my state but there is actually a little paperwork that they need to fill out. HROC said that HR needs to submit a new I-9 before reinstating/rehiring a former TM. If they don't receive a new I-9, then they will term that TM in the near future.

Last edited:
I called the new store and they pretty much said the same thing. I would need to have an interview first to see if I would be a match for their store. After that they can revisit the option of reinstating me.

Hi Breakeven!

If they choose to rehire you, then the easiest way would be to do a Universal Change Request - Rehire.

Universal Change Request - Reinstate is for TMs who want to come back to the same store within 90 days.

Universal Change Request - Rehire is for TMs who want to come back to a different store and is still within 90 days.

Non-JAS Rehire form is for TMs who want to return to Target but are past 90 days.

Also, bring your documents just in case you need to fill out an I-9.

Last edited:
Hi Breakeven!

If they choose to rehire you, then the easiest way would be to do a Universal Change Request - Rehire.

Universal Change Request - Reinstate is for TMs who want to come back to the same store within 90 days.

Universal Change Request - Rehire is for TMs who want to come back to a different store and is still within 90 days.

Non-JAS Rehire form is for TMs who want to return to Target but are past 90 days.

Also, bring your documents just in case you need to fill out an I-9.
My new HR did a universal change request - rehire. I filled out some paperwork and brought some documents. I should be on the schedule soon. I was originally called for orientation and I asked why. There was a mixup but it was cleared and my transfer went through successfully. Kind of feels good to be back. Not going to lie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back