Archived Remodel almost over. What did you do with your new, extra fixtures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have palettes of extra fixtures and we don't necessary need all of them, maybe a few boxes. We only have one container to keep. My direction was to throw them away in the dumpster if we don't need them anymore. But I feel like throwing 4 palettes of brand new shelves or cosmetic backboard seems like a huge waste. What did your store do with them? I'm thinking it's best to sweep them instead if it's still fairly new.

So we have palettes of extra fixtures and we don't necessary need all of them, maybe a few boxes. We only have one container to keep. My direction was to throw them away in the dumpster if we don't need them anymore. But I feel like throwing 4 palettes of brand new shelves or cosmetic backboard seems like a huge waste. What did your store do with them? I'm thinking it's best to sweep them instead if it's still fairly new.

I bieleve your no longer supposed to sweep back new unused fixtures. There's a number or email you contact so they can coordinate sending them to a store that may need them.

About to start our first major since we open 10 years ago also 250 new carts i been asking for last 6 years

Our after remodel fixture situation was a nightmare with pallets of fixtures arriving for months afterwards,we did sweep a lot back but the were shipped right back to us with directions to sweep only unboxed palettes of shelves back , expectations of coordinating with anyone or doing anything sensible with them is a bridge to far for our store at this time.

I don't think it's possible to sweep most fixtures back unless metal recycling.

My advice? Throw it all away with no concern. Management doesn't care, and they are getting far more than you.

I am constantly waging a battle with people in my store ordering stuff we already have. Then when it comes in, they say to store it in the fixture room. It's a tiny little room. Not an extra dimensional portal to never-ending space .

Mine sat in the steel of my fixture room, until I said fuck it.

I gave the softlines team an ultimatum. (A&A 2.0/Home Innovation remodel). I was signing for the remodel (It was BTC for me at the time and am at a Super Freaky store) So I had my hands full at that moment with that, let alone remodel signing, but got to inherit all the fixtures "yay".

I don't think it's possible to sweep most fixtures back unless metal recycling.

My advice? Throw it all away with no concern. Management doesn't care, and they are getting far more than you.

I am constantly waging a battle with people in my store ordering stuff we already have. Then when it comes in, they say to store it in the fixture room. It's a tiny little room. Not an extra dimensional portal to never-ending space .
call the stores in your district and see who actually needs them. You would be surprised.

If you want. and got the agreement to do it.

Or you can sneak it into the nearest Toys 'r US and watch the magic happen.

Since we’re on the subject, I’m looking for the part numbers for those white bases that go on the hurdles in RTW to merchandise shoes. After auditing our lighting in A&A I realized we are missing spotlights and fog lights. Does anyone know which remodel communication I can reference for those part numbers? Is appreciate it :)

call the stores in your district and see who actually needs them. You would be surprised.

This is my personal answer .... That is a great idea. I'm sure there are stores that could use the items. Thanks for the suggestion.

This is my professional answer .... I got 0 hours one week for signing. I used that time to make phone calls, a grand total of none.

Store them somewhere in the backrooms way for at least a year. Then wait until backroom is fed up with it and throws it all away. I'd say the garden center but now that's off limits

Oh wait that's only my store, nvm

You can send fixtures back CRC, get with your receiver to find out how. Whether they are recycled at the DC or saved for futures use, is anyone's guess

You can send fixtures back CRC, get with your receiver to find out how. Whether they are recycled at the DC or saved for futures use, is anyone's guess
You may only send back metal fixtures that are 100% metal to the dc via sweeps truck , anything other than that can’t be recycled no hard plastic distplays either any mixed items (part wood part metal ) etc must be broken down metal sent back and you discard the wood or whatver else at the store level . we are under instruction to ship back any and everything to the store that comes in and is “ a non programmable item” for sweeps

You may only send back metal fixtures that are 100% metal to the dc via sweeps truck , anything other than that can’t be recycled no hard plastic distplays either any mixed items (part wood part metal ) etc must be broken down metal sent back and you discard the wood or whatver else at the store level . we are under instruction to ship back any and everything to the store that comes in and is “ a non programmable item” for sweeps

I've sent back countless pallets of Fixture CRC, most were, the absurd amount of Market Pushers (Legit like 3, 7 foot pallets worth, this wasn't even given direction, we just did it, they sent the wrong size for our planograms and capacity) for the Grocery Operating model, I also sent back "almost" all boxed A&A 2.0m remodel fixtures we had extra (about 3-5 pallets).

All were sent CRC, and not one returned. (This was 8 months ago, which mine as well be 10 years ago, knowing Target).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back