Remodel

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
So last week I started work at a local Deparment/Grocery store. 3 days of orenation. Today was the first day of their much needed remodel. The store opened in 1982 and has two remodels since. The last being in 1999. I'm on the Rely team.So our tasks today was to condense Tools and automotive so we can move the garden gondlas outside to their new location. Let me tell you. That was hard work. We took some product off but we kept most on. They ripped off the black plates so they can get the wheels installed and all six-eight of us just pushed and pulled that entire asile (about eight 3 foot sections) outside to the garden center. We sweapd the dust and junk that was under the basedecks. Things from just product to 8-10 year old coupons to even candy that was all moldy.

The cleaning crew will clean the rest and tommow we should be taking down the back wall of garden and work on sporting goods. They are actully gonna tear up the tile next week and have stained cement.

Over all its pretty fun. Tiring though. I came home around 3:00 and fell sleep about 3:30 and didnt wake up till after 8:30.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Guest Attendant

Guest Attendant

So I get paid weekly and we've been busy the whole week. Moved Garden outside. Set some planograms in the soon to be Sporting Goods that is in the old Garden center. Cosmetics was a *************** though. Everything is on wood shelves with medal and glass racks. Then we moved stationary to its Temp. Spot where cosmetics was. Then I help a few others grab the 12 foot lader and we took down some of the deparment signs and put some in the back and placed some back up in their new temp. spots. The signs it self are not like Targets. They are over 12 years old but are just this compressed cardboard board with some wood on top.

I could imagine about cosmetics. I once asked our presentation TL which transition he hated most. His quick reply was cosmetics. I think mostly because of the small items.

Does this create problems for your regular customers not knowing where everything is moved to?

OP
OP
Guest Attendant

Guest Attendant

Yes it does. They are getting new cosmetics fixtures but they are nothing like Targets. They have signs that say stuff like "Bike accessories is now located in Garden. and the overhead department signs we moved helps somewhat. So far its been all positive. The community is really looking forward to the changes. Its an old but strong store. 12 years since the last remodel is a long time

We also took down all the garden signs (there were about four) given garden is outside (well not outside its in this open rafter room but they are adding a much needed greenhouse) they will be having a larger wall graphic

They should be doing the major tear downs on the 25th. Starbucks and a Hispanic section will be added with a fresh salsa bar and a tortilla maker.