Reply if you’ve cried at work

rsEyJNg.gif

I did 2 or 3 times the first year. Now you could scream in my face and call my mother names and I won’t flinch. My secret was to sing the abc’s in my head really loud and smile.
The first time I cried.....There was this 16 year old sitting in the cafe by himself filling the curtesy cup with soda after soda. After the third time I turned the soda off. He said f you and threw the cup of ice on the floor and sat back down. About 20 minutes later his mom came in. I said excuse me ma’am i didn’t know if you were aware that your son was taking the soda. She ask him did you? He said no. She started screaming at me at the top of her lung that I better watch what I’m saying and she will kick my ass and take a bat to my kids. Everyone working is wide eyed. The ETL comes over and walks The lady to a different area to talk for a few minutes and they left. Guess what............I got wrote up. Yep. You are supposed to ignore people stealing.

I did 2 or 3 times the first year. Now you could scream in my face and call my mother names and I won’t flinch. My secret was to sing the abc’s in my head really loud and smile.
The first time I cried.....There was this 16 year old sitting in the cafe by himself filling the curtesy cup with soda after soda. After the third time I turned the soda off. He said f you and threw the cup of ice on the floor and sat back down. About 20 minutes later his mom came in. I said excuse me ma’am i didn’t know if you were aware that your son was taking the soda. She ask him did you? He said no. She started screaming at me at the top of her lung that I better watch what I’m saying and she will kick my ass and take a bat to my kids. Everyone working is wide eyed. The ETL comes over and walks The lady to a different area to talk for a few minutes and they left. Guess what............I got wrote up. Yep. You are supposed to ignore people stealing.
You should told ap or tl about stealing before mom came in.

My lead said she cried the other day because she lost her keys for a few hours. Her genuine fear was totally felt by me. I could tell she literally was about to lose her job or be on the edge of it and she was fucked. Good god someone found em and gave em back. We all make mistakes, right. Show me someone who says they're perfect and I can show you a liar. Much love and good luck today, folks.

I've never cried at Target, but I did cry maybe two or three times in over 30 years at my previous job. Retail management can be very stressful, and one bad member of upper management can cast a pall over the entire store.

Being a part-time regular old TM is a lot different than being full-time management. I still have to remind myself occasionally that the buck doesn't stop with me and it's not that serious, but for the most part I just go with the flow.

Once many years ago, after I first started working at Target, I got so stressed that I did cry. I was scheduled to close, and dang if the morning TM for boy and girls department had left 3 overflowing re-shop baskets of boy and girl school clothes, besides all of the other re-shop that they didn't do for some reason. I felt overwhelmed and got to me. That's when the slogan "Speed is Life" was being bombarded to us and I was worried about not getting everything done. Then you know what? A fellow soft lines TM told me not to worry, that the others would help me if I needed it later on before closing, and they did. It made all the difference the rest of that evening.

Back