Archived Report A Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue with one of the ETL/Night Manager or LOD at the store! He walks around the store as if he's big man on campus! He makes smart slick comments and degrading words as if he's trying to be funny. Who do I go to so I can report him? But I want to be anonymous because I don't want to lose my job at target! I work at the target in northern California in the Bay Area!

I have an issue with one of the ETL/Night Manager or LOD at the store! He walks around the store as if he's big man on campus! He makes smart slick comments and degrading words as if he's trying to be funny. Who do I go to so I can report him? But I want to be anonymous because I don't want to lose my job at target! I work at the target in northern California in the Bay Area!

Slow down there. You need to be more specific. What exactly is he saying? I wouldn't go and jeopardize someone's job just because someone is kinda annoying. Just think about that for a while. If you find that you're having to outdo yourself trying to make him sound worse than he is, then it's probably not a big deal.

I ask this, and am skeptical about your complaint because of how you've presented it and your inability to do some pretty basic research.

Just outlast them. Most etls will burn out pretty fast. Seems like HR's are a virtual revolving door. Hmmm, maybe it's all the lying and backstabbing they are required to do.

what exactly is this ETL saying? If this ETL is just annoying but isn't discriminating or being inappropriate I would just leave it alone.

Reporting an ETL needs to be for things like sexual harassment, breaking labor policies like making people work through their break, or creating a hostile work place.
However you really need to go through the store ranks first because national is going to do that.
They are going to talk to the STL and HR to find out if this has been reported.
If it hasn't they are going to be less likely to take it seriously.
I understand wanting to be anonymous but if what the person is doing isn't just being a dick but is something in the top list you do need to go through the steps.

If it were that easy, all the stores would have AMAZING leaders by now.

There's a leader at my store who is very conceited and is often a complete dick to everyone. But unless he actually breaks a rule, he won't get in trouble.

Never NEVER put where you work

I goofed up in my early days and went to the ETL-HR to complain about another ETL. He was on my case because I didn't sound enthusiastic enough when I responded on the walkie. He also chastised a TM on the lanes, loud enough that everybody could hear him, including guests. I was also annoyed that he was calling me away from Fitting Room after new STL made it clear he always wanted somebody back there. HR went directly to the guy and told him about the complaint. She must have used my name because he brought up the issue at a huddle and explained his rationale, staring at me the entire time (he didn't mention anybody by name). Brand new TM told me last week that she overheard him being rude to another new TM, accusing the kid of lying about something - but doing it where other TMs could hear. She was afraid to say anything to anybody. The guy has a reputation for being completely arrogant to everybody. But you can't really complain about an arrogant attitude. The issue yelling at the new TM is hearsay. And all of the other complaints really don't qualify as hostile workplace level stuff. I'll never go to HR again, since I don't trust her a bit. But I have no basis for calling the hotline either. I dread working when he's scheduled. Oh yeh...he held a 45 minute huddle one evening discussing upgrades to My Device that wouldn't become available for another six months.

Only one that would be under the desired management style quota. Its a minimum of 2 per a store unless lower volume. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back