Archived Requesting time off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to take a day off in august 2018 because there is something that day its my friends birthday it is only for one day like I can come to work the next day but before she buys tickets to the concert do i let hr know from today that i need that day off so they have months ahead to know I need the day off. what are my chances of getting that 1 day off. I never miss a day have perfect attendance and I cover everybody or swap shifts if someone can't go to theres so they do not call out. would they get mad if i request the day off for the 1 time of the whole year other than that I will be at work. I am also way past my 90th day. Also whats the worst that can happen they do not approve right? thats when I will just skip the birthday and go to work..... I will not be calling out that day.

Next time you’re at work log into eHR on a computer and go to mytime self-service. Request unpaid time off for the date. Anytime you see your TL/ETL on a computer ask them if they can approve your time off request. I’d say since it’s so far in advance there’s no reason they’d deny you. If they do it right there - great. You’re set. If they say they’ll get to it later - check the status of your request in mytime self-service again (it will either say pending approval, approved, or auto denied). If it says pending approval, keep asking until it says approved. Don’t worry about being annoying because you aren’t going to be, they’d rather have you not scheduled so they can schedule someone else than schedule you and have you call out that day (I know you said you won’t but that’s just what they’re thinking).

If for whatever reason you’re scheduled that day even though your request was approved - talk to your ETL as soon as the schedule comes out. This happened to me recently and my ETL apologized and just deleted my shift that day altogether. If they aren’t super cool and don’t do that - start asking around immediately if anyone wants to take your shift.

Next time you’re at work log into eHR on a computer and go to mytime self-service. Request unpaid time off for the date. Anytime you see your TL/ETL on a computer ask them if they can approve your time off request. I’d say since it’s so far in advance there’s no reason they’d deny you. If they do it right there - great. You’re set. If they say they’ll get to it later - check the status of your request in mytime self-service again (it will either say pending approval, approved, or auto denied). If it says pending approval, keep asking until it says approved. Don’t worry about being annoying because you aren’t going to be, they’d rather have you not scheduled so they can schedule someone else than schedule you and have you call out that day (I know you said you won’t but that’s just what they’re thinking).

If for whatever reason you’re scheduled that day even though your request was approved - talk to your ETL as soon as the schedule comes out. This happened to me recently and my ETL apologized and just deleted my shift that day altogether. If they aren’t super cool and don’t do that - start asking around immediately if anyone wants to take your shift.
Perfect sounds great. When I go in to work the next time I am working I will do this right away.Should I tell them personal reason or tell them its a birthday?

Is it too early? I remember you can only go so far in advance when requesting time off. It might be six months but I don't remember.

Perfect sounds great. When I go in to work the next time I am working I will do this right away.Should I tell them personal reason or tell them its a birthday?
Shouldn’t matter if it’s not a holiday and this far in advance. It’s personal event/trip..shouldn’t be any issue unless you keep asking for more.

Communicate with your tl or etl, too. Let them know you asked for a day off.
Using the search button on the upper right, will help you find answers too.

Is it too early? I remember you can only go so far in advance when requesting time off. It might be six months but I don't remember.

It is six months. And yeah one day non q4 9 times out of 10 is no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back