I'm Lost! Reshop among other things

TL
After having worked at the register and self-checkout for the past 6 months, my TLs are having me help at the guest service desk more frequently. For some reason I can't seam to grasp how to organize reshop correctly. I was hoping that someone could give me a rundown on all the categories (if that's what they are called) that I should be organizing reshop into. I have also seen some of my coworkers use a zebra while organizing reshop, am I able to use a zebra to help organize reshop? Any help is greatly appreciated!

are you talking about reshop or defective returns? because reshop should be easy to sort, you just group departments together so it's easier to push

defective returns are another story and i am sure there is some faq guide somewhere on this site that can explain it better than i can, but you should also ask for assistance from the service desk team members at your store rather than people on the internet. it's easier to learn in person than it is online

edit: https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/service-desk.21/

Fair enough, I just don't want my coworkers to think I'm an idiot. Is there anyway for me to use a zebra to know which department an item belongs in?

The register or zebra will tell location. Walk around your store to get to know where stuff is. Usually like items are in the same area. For ex, chemicals goes with chemicals & not with food/market stuff.

We sort by block, so everything located in A goes together etc. Ask your Service Desk rockstars how they do it! They love to help teach!

Scan each item with your zebra/mydevice. It will give you a location. For example, E13 at my store is toys, Put it in the spot designated for E/toys. Somethings might have an exception to the rule though. Our seasonal is F and market is G, but some seasonal things are on the aisle facing seasonal. That location is G, but I'll put it in seasonal. Ask the folks scanning things with the zebra for advice. Your floor TMs will like you better.

The register or zebra will tell location. Walk around your store to get to know where stuff is. Usually like items are in the same area. For ex, chemicals goes with chemicals & not with food/market stuff.
register no longer tells locations

Fair enough, I just don't want my coworkers to think I'm an idiot. Is there anyway for me to use a zebra to know which department an item belongs in?
Easiest way to learn. Shop in your store. You’ll learn where stuff is.

on a high level you’re grouping by category, you just need to know what category goes In what bin. I made labels for my store a while back that has what goes in each bin.

If you really want to make them happy, sort by fillgoup. Use the zebra and click to the second page. That will tell you what fillgroup the item belongs to. Then, you can sort things into the appropriate bins like a pro and make your DBOs happy.

If you really want to make them happy, sort by fillgoup. Use the zebra and click to the second page. That will tell you what fillgroup the item belongs to. Then, you can sort things into the appropriate bins like a pro and make your DBOs happy.
Yeah we have beauty pulled out into its own now

Yeah we have beauty pulled out into its own now

It's not even just beauty. ASANTS and all, but at my store we have different DBOs for HBO1 + Pharm and HBO2. Their stuff should go in separate bins. Or take an area of the store that is all pretty close together, say C & D. Well, that's going to include stuff from Bulk Plastics, Plug, Beds, Doms, HIPA, Bath, Furn, Lamp and Home. For us, that's four different DBOs owning various parts of that. Their stuff goes in separate bins.

It's not even just beauty. ASANTS and all, but at my store we have different DBOs for HBO1 + Pharm and HBO2. Their stuff should go in separate bins. Or take an area of the store that is all pretty close together, say C & D. Well, that's going to include stuff from Bulk Plastics, Plug, Beds, Doms, HIPA, Bath, Furn, Lamp and Home. For us, that's four different DBOs owning various parts of that. Their stuff goes in separate bins.
Wish we had the space for that. We used to, but then they took it all away in the remodel for OPU

Back