Archived Retailers that are closing lots of their stores this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame for those employees
My neighbor was in the very last group to be let go. Now where will we get good meat for grilling and authentic Italian bruschetta and pasta sauce? I loved going to Anderson's with my dad as a little kid. When I was too young to know what wheat looked like (store logo), I called Anderson's "the feather store".

Here’s a list of 15 retailers that have announced store closings for 2017.

• American Apparel – all 110 stores closed
  • CVS – closing 70 stores
  • Chico – closing 120 stores
  • Crocs – closing 160 stores
  • Family Christian – closing all of its 240 stores
  • JCPenney – closing 138 stores
  • Kmart – closing 108 stores
  • Macy's – closing 63 stores
  • Office Depot – closing 100 stores
  • Payless Shoes – closing 400-500 stores
  • Radio Shack – closing 552 stores
  • Sears – closing 42 stores
  • The Limited – closed 250 stores in January
  • The Children’s Place – closing as many as 200 stores
RIP...

With the amount of money I see being invested into a remodel in my store (1 week away ugh), as well as brand new registers, money spent revamping logistics systems, totally new devices for all stores within 3 years (Twice). I don't see Target truly struggling like these other stores. Honestly, every competitor that shuts its doors, helps Target along the line (Capitalism).

With the amount of money I see being invested into a remodel in my store (1 week away ugh), as well as brand new registers, money spent revamping logistics systems, totally new devices for all stores within 3 years (Twice). I don't see Target truly struggling like these other stores. Honestly, every competitor that shuts its doors, helps Target along the line (Capitalism).

It's a little misleading to take Target reinvesting in the company as a sign of financial strength. It's actually a gamble to try to right the ship

It's a little misleading to take Target reinvesting in the company as a sign of financial strength. It's actually a gamble to try to right the ship

Don't get me wrong, they are gambling..

But, one of the only players left who has money to do this. Which in a "Survival of the Fittest" theory wise, which I agree with, means they stand a decent chance. People have less places to spend their money, this equals more than likely a % of that money landing at Target (whether it be .com or with us). A lot of that Amazon will get, which I expect they will invest in drones (Team Members).

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

See the list: Sears, Kmart to close another 43 stores

See the list: Sears, Kmart to close another 43 stores

One of them is in the next state over from me is closing. We have one guy in our store who works for us who used to work at Kmart. He said the the store grossed around a million dollars last year alone. The store is in a really shity area and how it still open is beyond me. To put that in perspective our store made 1.5 million dollars the week prior to Christmas last year alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back