Archived Returned from fmla nothing but backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have any sick or vacation might be able be used possibility.
Did you ask for short term disability?
On fmla, you might want to talk to hr or your Etl
@HRZone, we need some help please.

So I was coached for my attendance yesterday. I have never ever called out even during my whole pregnancy and even before that. Is there anyway those two days could be covered by some sort of family leave? I have all her Dr notes. There are people who call out once a week every week and nothing is said to them and late for every shift. I am still always early.
I feel like my store is now trying to get rid of anyone who has been there for years ( a few of my other coworkers are getting in trouble for pettythings too) and not management. ( iv just interviewed for multiple team lead jobs once again)
Back to my original question. Can those days be covered by anyvkind of family leave?

You would probably need to contact Hewitt to find out if those days can be covered. I believe it can be done retroactively they will want copies of your doctor's notes.

I suggest like HLM mentioned bringing your ETL HR into the loop. They are more likely to take all the facts into consideration. Naturally a TL isn't going to care very much that you don't have a baby sitter/your kid is sick. Etc.

Your state laws regarding sick time and calling out will determine whether you can be held accountable or not. In some states you can not be if you have sick pay available and use it. Its a slippery slope!

Are you SURE other people are not being coached for their poor attendance? Regardless of why you are missing work, poor attendance negatively effects the business. You cannot validate missed time because your kid is sick.
We are going through the yearly crack down/ coach everyone period at our store. Every late, every call out, every no call/ no show, every left early.

It's my favorite time of year because I never get coached for attendance and just laugh when other tm whine about it.

If you have any sick or vacation might be able be used possibility.
Did you ask for short term disability?
On fmla, you might want to talk to hr or your Etl
@HRZone, we need some help please.
My etl and hr are the ones who told her I needed talked too. I used vacation to cover the two days but it doesnt matter

We are going through the yearly crack down/ coach everyone period at our store. Every late, every call out, every no call/ no show, every left early.

It's my favorite time of year because I never get coached for attendance and just laugh when other tm whine about it.

I would think it's funny if my store was consistent. While tms get coached equally we no joke have a TL who is late 3 says a week and they don't do s---.

Has you FMLA lapsed? If it has you might try to get a new one. If your daughter is prone to illnesses/high fevers you might have her pediatrician fill out the Doctor's portion of the paper work. You WILL probably have to schedule an appointment to get this done, as they won't want to just fill out the paper work with no appointment. You should talk to your HR as soon as possible.

The company doesn't really care why you're not there, but at the same time, you shouldn't really care if your child is sick. There's definitely a balance to be had, but it's currently not there.

I would think it's funny if my store was consistent. While tms get coached equally we no joke have a TL who is late 3 says a week and they don't do s---.
Our yearly crackdown includes everyone. Its funny to see the etl princesses get their panties in a wad because they can't get out of bed in the morning...

If you've exhausted your FMLA there is no way to get it covered.

Honestly, it sounds like they're holding you accountable. It has nothing to do with your leave but everything to do with your self admitted 3 call ins and 1 out early since January.

It sucks since you say that you weren't an attendance problem before, but recent history is what is considered with attendance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back