Archived Returned Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
Today when I was working in beauty I was talking to this lady who had an eye makeup remover that she bought previously that didn’t work out. (She had it with her when I was talking to her) Obviously since she didn’t like it she could return it. Only problem was later after she returned it, the item ended up in my reshop bin and I even compared it to the other eye makeup removers that we had and the amount that was in there was clearly different. So I went ahead and defected it. I don’t think that product should’ve ended up in my reshop bin... should’ve they asked if she used it or not?? is there anything I should do or say about it?

Anything that has contact with skin and cannot be sanitized absolutely has to be defected out when returned. I'm electronics, but you'd be surprised how many GS reps will return open and used earbuds and throw them in reshop. So gross.
Yeah... I wouldn’t be surprised. The amount of times I’ve had to remind GS to defect out open earbuds is ridiculous.

GS should always ask. I usually put a qualifier so the guest doesn't feel guilty/judged/what have you...."did you use this? just so I know for processing..."
This. I always say “has this been used? It’s ok if so”

But yes POS prompts us to ask is there anything wrong with this item. I would bring it up with GSTL but if it’s the only time you’ve seen it happen it could’ve been an honest mistake

I always ask if anything is wrong or if it has been used... I try to let the guest know that I am returning either way, but I need to know whether it can go back on the shelf. Some guests do lie as if I’ll be like “sucks! now you can’t return it!” Anything hba always takes a second inspection from me... seal broken, has it been opened, is there a chance it may have been used, etc. which leads me to defecting most hba products.

I have seen TMs forget to defect it out, set it aside and forget about it, and then someone else sees it doesn’t know what it is and then just shoves it in reshop... so I’d watch for patterns and see if it happens again.

We're under so much pressure to put everything back on the floor, it's a disaster. I've got TMs putting repackage stickers on things that don't need them and stuff being put back on the floor that should be destroyed or, at least, salvaged.

We're under so much pressure to put everything back on the floor, it's a disaster. I've got TMs putting repackage stickers on things that don't need them and stuff being put back on the floor that should be destroyed or, at least, salvaged.
I always see a lot of repackages at other targets when I shop there and I always find it weird because we don’t repackage anything. Occassionally a TL or ETL will come up with an item and ask us to repackage it specifically for a guest, but other than that we’re not allowed to.

... We always end the night with a very large amount of salvage though.

Today when I was working in beauty I was talking to this lady who had an eye makeup remover that she bought previously that didn’t work out. (She had it with her when I was talking to her) Obviously since she didn’t like it she could return it. Only problem was later after she returned it, the item ended up in my reshop bin and I even compared it to the other eye makeup removers that we had and the amount that was in there was clearly different. So I went ahead and defected it. I don’t think that product should’ve ended up in my reshop bin... should’ve they asked if she used it or not?? is there anything I should do or say about it?
Any open , makeup , pharmacy , wipes and other hardlines fall under esim. Guest service should have asked and if they noticed it should have bag it and seal it.

Anything that has contact with skin and cannot be sanitized absolutely has to be defected out when returned. I'm electronics, but you'd be surprised how many GS reps will return open and used earbuds and throw them in reshop. So gross.

l o l there was a pair of Skullcandy in electronics reshop the other day with a big glob of earwax on em **continued retching**

At my store i swear they defect Everything out. Lots of things that could be returned to stock arent

First couple of minutes will explain my point.

I wish that applied to swimsuit bottoms. And the loose underwear, I don't care if it still has a tag, 99% guarantee it was tried on at home.

I always see a lot of repackages at other targets when I shop there and I always find it weird because we don’t repackage anything. Occassionally a TL or ETL will come up with an item and ask us to repackage it specifically for a guest, but other than that we’re not allowed to.
If I wouldn’t feel comfortable buying it, I defect it. Not only can it be gross, but when a guest buys it, it saves someone from getting yelled at later.

We've got the middle ground. If we wouldn't buy it, we can mark it for salvage. That includes items where the packaging is torn to hell, even if the items are okay, because who will trust the items are okay and buy it if 80% of the packaging is taped up. A big qualifier though is item count, a package must have all items or is salvaged out, and that includes things like half a sleepwear set.

One time my sister bought a barstool online, but it came broken. So she brought it in to return.

But one day I was walking in furniture, and I found the same barstool she previously returned on the shelf. It was taped shut, and it had the SHIPPING LABEL with her address, name, and everything. I had an interesting conversation with guest services that afternoon.

Last edited:
One time my sister bought a barstool online, but it came broken. So she brought it in to return.

But one day when I was walking in furniture, and I found the same barstool she previously returned on the shelf. It was taped shut, and it had the SHIPPING LABEL with her address, name, and everything. I had an interesting conversation with guest services that afternoon.
I’ve seen this happen at my store. When I’m over there I make sure all shipping labels/barcodes are completely unreadable and shred packing slips if people don’t want to keep them

I’ve seen this happen at my store. When I’m over there I make sure all shipping labels/barcodes are completely unreadable and shred packing slips if people don’t want to keep them
And that’s fine if it’s brand new. But it was broken, which adds a whole other level of stupidity. The parts were shaking in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back