returned to old store (to visit)

GozerZuul

FORMER fLOW tm. MOVED ONTO WALLY WORLD.
my god it's depressing. i thought i was paranoid. i wasn't. all the old timers are just hanging on, the workload has doubled since i left, elimination of pog led to backup, and so far everyone is making exit plans. everyone new is brand new with no retail experience. i loved my store due to the teamwork and people, the place is burning and im standing on the shore unable to help or care anymore. i talked to someone today whos talking retiring early, another whos floating the part time job with her early retirement, etc. jesus christ target-your letting rome burn while playing the fiddle! :mad:

Teamwork disappeared with the advent of Modernization.

Welcome back!!!
cheers2.gif

im not back, sorry. guess i need to change the title. i returned to visit and snoop i guess. my god its bad. i legit feel sorry for my former hard working TM's. it ruined my day and i literally got a panic in my stride when i left-like if i stayed the spirit of spot would re enslave me! ha ha

Ahhhh.... well, it's the exact same thing at my store - I've been gone 11 months. I imagine the next time I visit I won't see ANY of the old members.

I guess that's retail for ya!

Ahhhh.... well, it's the exact same thing at my store - I've been gone 11 months. I imagine the next time I visit I won't see ANY of the old members.

I guess that's retail for ya!

No, that's modernization for ya.

I've worked at Target 3 different times. When I've visited my old store after the first 2 times that I left, the vast majority of the TMs remained the same. That was particularly so with the longer term TMs.
Now since I left during the summer, the majority of the people working there are new. I don't get a " Hello, how are you" but alot of unfamiliar faces asking if they can help me find something.

I feel for the long-term HR TM. That's alot of people to onboard and now to deal with getting seasonals in place.

Teamwork disappeared with the advent of Modernization.

Welcome back!!!
cheers2.gif
And the funny thing is, that was one of the “downsides” to unionization in the training video A few years back. That you can’t help out across other departments or whatever bs propaganda they spewed out.

Now, we have to be “experts” in our own department

Leadership is burning bridges like crazy with experienced TMs.

Even with new hires lately, I've seen the optimism and energy sucked out of them in a few weeks so I'm not really sure what the long term plan is. Extremely high turnover and running your business with perpetually under-trained and overworked seasonal employees with fewer and fewer hours? Even a meatgrinder like Amazon sometimes throws tons hours and overtime at people before chopping them into a fine mist with overwork. What is the incentive supposed to be at Target?

We had a good team. After the unload the cages came out, pallets were pulled, we would wave through with multiple people and slam it in record time, almost all the time. Shortly before I left the asshole team lead told two good folks, adults, to stop chatting while working. One of them told her to bite her ass. Our initial ETL and TL were good people who respected us. Captain jumped ship just in time.

I went and visited my old store a month and a half ago for the first time since I left it all behind, only the STL (excuse me, SD) and ETL-AP are left from upper management, and a handful or TMs are left from when I was there. They have five new Cart Attendants (or whatever they call them now) since they only schedule each one a couple hours a week. My friend in AP said most of the newbies are horrible with a few exceptions, and everyone that's left is on edge. I should go visit again before it gets too crazy since I didn't get to see everyone.

I went to my old store, and it was brand new, like it had been remodeled or something, it was bright and inviting, tf y’all moping about.

Back