Reusable bags

There was probably a communication that no one read about your store going bag free. Look into it. You will be giving the ones not for sale away for free up at the check lanes and with OPUs. People who order 1 thing will not get a bag, but 2 or more items will. Good luck!

My store got communication about it but I don't understand how we can go bag free for OPUs.
For people ordering OPU/DU they're getting them in complementary reusable bags so that when Target goes "bag free" they'll have them. IDK how that's going to work when the complementary is over. Are they going to have to pay for them? Are DU TM's going to have to cart everything out and bag them in the parking lot? For OPU will they have to bag them in the reusable bags at the service desk? Just all around seems like a bad idea for their bottom line.

Its on MyDay if your store is affected.

Yeah I just don't know how it will work taking out multiple orders and then re-bagging at the car while the other guests are waiting and still trying to keep the 3 minutes? It's already too much when you get to a car and someone says "no bags please" and then you get to dump the entire 75 item grocery order in their trunk.

Its on MyDay if your store is affected.

Yeah I just don't know how it will work taking out multiple orders and then re-bagging at the car while the other guests are waiting and still trying to keep the 3 minutes? It's already too much when you get to a car and someone says "no bags please" and then you get to dump the entire 75 item grocery order in their trunk.
What do you do with the bags? Throw them out, reuse them, or recycle them? At my store they would probably be thrown out.

I wish someone from a bag free store would pop in and tell us how you are doing things
We have gray and red reusable bags that are at the registers, self-checkout, and used for Pick-up and OPU. We don't charge for them, we just use them exactly like the plastic ones.

Got a pallet of them. Does anyone know what they're for? They're not for sale. Guest service nor flex knows anything about them.
Ok i just read the thread lol. We've been using these for a few months, and as I said, they essentially just take the place of the plastic bags. Easy peasy. At least, that's how we've been doing it.

So OPU orders are bagged in reusable bags but the guest doesn't need to bring them back? Like how is that cost effective and being environmentally conscious at the same time? If Target legit wanted to go bag free for OPU, they would need to change their whole delivery-to-the-guest system and not bag the items to begin with.

So OPU orders are bagged in reusable bags but the guest doesn't need to bring them back? Like how is that cost effective and being environmentally conscious at the same time? If Target legit wanted to go bag free for OPU, they would need to change their whole delivery-to-the-guest system and not bag the items to begin with.

Right? It seems like it's creating just as much waste...

Unless these bags are recycled? Recyclable? Something... 🤷‍♀️

Right? It seems like it's creating just as much waste...

Unless these bags are recycled? Recyclable? Something... 🤷‍♀️
I'm guessing they are both. I don't think we have a recycling bin for them at the store though. I have a crapton of them at home and in my car, in fact I just did some shopping and remembered to take them in this time, lol.

I'm also guessing they must be better for the environment and/or are being used to comply with state laws forbidding plastic bags.

My state went bag less this year. We do not give bags with OPUs, we store a full order in a Waco box and the guest gets their order in the box or a cart and bags it themselves. They can order a reuseable bag in their order or sometimes our store has them to give out.

My state went bag less this year. We do not give bags with OPUs, we store a full order in a Waco box and the guest gets their order in the box or a cart and bags it themselves. They can order a reuseable bag in their order or sometimes our store has them to give out.
Our guests would rage if they ordered OPU and had to bag their own. I feel bad for our drive up kids that walk these orders out.

I like the canvas type reusable bags, easy to carry heavy stuff. Bagging my own stuff? Of course, it's a non-issue. Karens throwing the bags to the belt and/or cashier? "hey, don't throw the bag to the cashier, hand it to her politely." I've said that a few times, the reactions from both the Karen and the cashier are suitable for framing. I always side with the cashier, hit the Karens with the verbal double barrel shotgun.

Wish our local stores did that. My state requires stores to charge for bags, so Spot adds a charge for 10 bags to every OPU order, then the charge for unused bags is refunded at pickup. At 25 cents a bag that’s $2.50 added to every order. Big pita. Especially when the items ordered are 12pk sodas that aren’t even bagged in the first place or the order is for one small item that obviously doesn’t need ten bags.😡

My store uses paper bags for both drive up and pick up. But the front end it is bagless. We don't even have many red hand baskets because the guest take them home

This is what my store also does

10c and they drive up in a decked out $75k Range Rover. Local Rod and Gun Club raised their dues a decade ago from $30.00/yr to $50.00/yr and quite a few members got all fired up, got loud at a meeting, the usual bullshit. They drive up in $60k Silverados and shoot trap with $10k Perazzi over/under shotguns. Assholes.

My area had gone bagless & saw a significant reduction in plastic bag waste until our gop legislature decided us liberals were causing problems for businesses & passed a law SPECIFICALLY forbidding the practice.

Churches & schools are getting shot up & they're worried about bag-makers getting hit by conservation policies.

Back