Archived Revamped Fan Central?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the new, revamped Fan Central? Actually no longer called Fan Central but The Backyard?

A Super close to me had it moved from Sporting Goods to where their CDs used to be on the GM side. Carpet and racks, tables and everything. Very appealing.

Last edited:
I've seen that as well, however as far as I know so far it is just a test in select stores...

A Super close to me had it moved from Sporting Goods to where their CDs used to be on the GM side. Carpet and racks, tables and everything. Very appealing.

People buying sports equipment are more likely to want to purchase clothing featuring sports teams. Target keeps moving things in hopes that customers all want to browse through the whole store and the reality is many shoppers are too rushed or too tired to do that.

Target should be looking for ways to make shopping a relaxed and a unique experience if they want to encourage shoppers to bother walking into their brick and mortar stores.

People buying sports equipment are more likely to want to purchase clothing featuring sports teams. Target keeps moving things in hopes that customers all want to browse through the whole store and the reality is many shoppers are too rushed or too tired to do that.

Target should be looking for ways to make shopping a relaxed and a unique experience if they want to encourage shoppers to bother walking into their brick and mortar stores.

Uh. Our Fan Central has never been near the sports equipment (of which we have very little). It is near the entrance and makes a ton of $ for the store.

We have that and it is directly next to one of the entrances and merchandised like softlines. We make way more money off it now, compared to when it used to be crammed into a hardlines aisle in sporting goods.

Uh. Our Fan Central has never been near the sports equipment (of which we have very little). It is near the entrance and makes a ton of $ for the store.
Ours is in sporting, where does it even fit in the entrance?

Most of the stores in my area have it near the entrance...either in the space where guest service typically is found, near the self-check out where a lot of stores might have Bullseye or squished in a smaller area between electronics and Bullseye. Our Fan Central is huge, though.

It's weird lately people have been asking about CDs and are shocked and appalled that we have approx 2 aisles of CDs (well more like 3 end caps, one aisle and one side cap)

We literally don't maintain the CD section anymore, I tried once and my TL was like "don't bother" so nothing is in the right spot and it's never revised and I'm the only one who prints new labels for the new release area which is the only one they let me touch.

We have that and it is directly next to one of the entrances and merchandised like softlines. We make way more money off it now, compared to when it used to be crammed into a hardlines aisle in sporting goods.

Ours is still there and goes largely ignored unless you have a pet or need fishing gear.

I have a question for stores with IGS( gs at the check lanes), how are you handling the reshop changes?

I have a question for stores with IGS( gs at the check lanes), how are you handling the reshop changes?

Same as it ever was. But unless there is a callout in an area, the carts are cleared pretty frequently by salesfloor TMs. They usually come by at least once an hour to grab a cart and replace it with an empty one.

Where and how do you do store pick up?

Me? Stores with IGS?

The guest comes to GS, flashes their ID, we look up the name/item on the iPad. If it's in the backroom, we call them and they bring it up. If it's at GS, we locate it and give it to the guest. Could not be easier.

At my store Fan Central is facing out on the last aisle of sports, but I just went to another local store yesterday and theres is hanging up next to the trading cards up next to the check lanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back