Rfid scan

so scanning for the first time with iOS device this week.. Just to make sure I can't let the scanner or iOS device die or else I'm screwed with the scan right.
Having you just start doing it now, but with the iPod instead of Zebra is so backwards...

So I don’t know if this has been asked already, and if so I apologize. I don’t own an android device, so I was wondering if there’s a way to keep the screen on? I know you can on iOS? That way you don’t have to worry about it turning off while your doing the RFID scan. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What the heck is going on today? Constant error posting tags and nothing helps. Rebooted, resynced, closed and opened programs, signed out and back in and it's stuck on 1600+. The zebra flashes that it's reading and the app has the slide going saying it is scanning but no bueno. Anyone else having issues this morning? I have even changed both zebras.

So after scanning for 3 hours..go put the mydevice to charge while on lunch.. Check to see if it's charging and I see counted at 0 -_-. I'm praying it changes when I get back.

Grr. After not being able to get in for the first 2 hours of my shift I wound up stuck at 95% with something like 3500 extras. Leadership wasn't pleased. What can you do? I dread Wednesdays. The scan wasn't only supposed to be my responsibility.

Ended the shift with 95% and something like 470 extras. Last week 95% was actually 97% and some change for Domestics. We had green in softlines and they averaged the two to give us green for the score. Question: Has anyone actually been given the score they're looking at on the zebra when they close out? So far I haven't. Every single time the report comes back it is 2% or more higher than what the zebra was showing me.

My shift ended before it was done. I let my TL know where I left off. Nobody tells me anything. I hate having no "new item" beeps combined with the delayed update numbers. I can't fully move on from one section to the next before its 97% in that dept (1% will be randomly found in other departments).

Last edited:
I did... Wanna guess what happened when I had 4 aisles plus hanging softlines to go in the BR.. 13 hours down the drain

Oh, I hurt for you. I was just thinking today how glad I was that this mess happened on Domestics scan day. I forgot that part of us are scanning in the reverse. -_-

Question: Has anyone actually been given the score they're looking at on the zebra when they close out? So far I haven't. Every single time the report comes back it is 2% or more higher than what the zebra was showing me.

It's probably cause stuff u didn't scan got sold.

So does rfid scan through boxes?? And when scanning BR do Waco's have to be pulled out?

Yep its cluster fuck.. In the middle of a remodel and you have extras out the ass and still can't make goal, cause you don't know where your product is. Random pallets in the steel what is it? Who knows unmarked repacks - Thanks Pog/Remodel team!

Right Arm we would love to get the score at all.. We get told it's not a %100 and we fail and that is not acceptable. Wash rinse repeat.. We have given up even giving a fuck at this point. I can't do In-Stocks, Flex orders and SFS orders back up cashier and help guests all the while shooting softlines RFID. Why the fuck has softlines not taken this over yet? Hardlines we get closer but again in a remodel product is located???? Cause numbers don't make sense..

Yep its cluster fuck.. In the middle of a remodel and you have extras out the ass and still can't make goal, cause you don't know where your product is. Random pallets in the steel what is it? Who knows unmarked repacks - Thanks Pog/Remodel team!

Right Arm we would love to get the score at all.. We get told it's not a %100 and we fail and that is not acceptable. Wash rinse repeat.. We have given up even giving a fuck at this point. I can't do In-Stocks, Flex orders and SFS orders back up cashier and help guests all the while shooting softlines RFID. Why the fuck has softlines not taken this over yet? Hardlines we get closer but again in a remodel product is located???? Cause numbers don't make sense..

And I'm on the other side of this going "WHY hasn't hardlines taken over the Domestics scan yet?" I'm in softlines and I do all RFID scanning....two days worth cut out of other things I need to be doing. :p

I have to do rfid for softlines and today was my second time doing it. At this point it seems like I will be the main person in softlines doing it. How long should it typically take to complete softlines rfid? Any pointers or tips to help me get done faster would be greatly appreciated. It literally took me forever and I still ended up only getting to 96% and staying over past my shift.

Back