Archived Ridiculous Red Card "prizes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store has prizes/contests for red card sales.

Push ups, sit ups, those are "prizes". Wow, like how does that reward me for doing a good job???
Snacks, sodas, those are prizes. No thanks, I don't drink soda or eat candy bars.
Home made food. No thank you. How is that a prize when I don't know if your kitchen is clean or if you have cats that roam the counters? And what about the people who don't eat what the "prize" is? Not much of a prize if you have to throw it away.

Shirts, now that's a prize! A free shirt is about the only thing that's worth winning.
Gift basket is another good prize but usually they're geared towards women so men who win a contest are not thrilled with lip gloss and earrings.

I sell red cards because it's my job. I'm competitive enough to want to beat everyone. I DO like winning stuff but it benefits me in no way whatsoever to watch a ETL drop and give me 10.

Our store does stunts like that too, but lately they have been giving away gift cards, the more you get the better the gift card

The push-ups thing is pretty damn bizarre I will admit. Actually quite mortifying.

I wonder what our guests think when they can't find anyone on the sales floor to help them because the boss is too busy doing push-ups, laps and streaking for the cashiers to "congratulate" them for putting more money in Brian's wallet.

We've currently have a "game board" contest. Each time you get a RedCard, you get to move your playing piece one place. Some of the places have fun things.....get a drink from SB, pick a couple of items from Bullseye's Playground, get an extra 15 minute break (and choose which ETL covers your break time), choose an ETL to do 100 (yes, 100) exercises of your choosing (I'd love to see any one of my ETLs do 100 jumping jacks...or 100 push-ups (wonder how long 100 of anything will take.) and at the end you get a "real special" prize. Of course, the game board probably has about 30 places so getting to the last place will take quite awhile for each TM to get there.

If we got a certain number of Red Cards one of the ETLs did the running man challenge thing. Everyone was called up to the front and the intern played that song over her phone while the ETL danced.

If we got a certain number of Red Cards one of the ETLs did the running man challenge thing. Everyone was called up to the front and the intern played that song over her phone while the ETL danced.
are-you-for-real.gif

That sounds like something that would only come from an older relative who has no concept of relating to people outside of their immediate interests, so they latch onto pop culture references in hopes of reaching some sort of social connection.

Oh, I forgot to mention there was one time where we got balloons. That was very subtle.
You couldnt pay me enough to go up for backup when I am doing hardlines
I wish I could say the same thing, but I usually get asked to be the first to backup if I'm on the floor.

When I read the first sentence I thought you got to to do the Running Man challenge so you could hunt the ETLs through the store like they were Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I guess you could use paint ball guns but damn that would get people selling red cards.

And I love all the chatter on the walkie when someone signs up .... "Wow Judy! Our third red card today. Incredible. Keep up the good work. Let's try for one more in the next 15 minutes."

The implication to anyone not getting red cards (I'm staring at you receiver!!) "You suck. You make me sick. Why are you even breathing. I can't stand the sight of you. Go die."

Way to motivate people.

We have had an ETL dress up in a fish costume. I am working a job, not attending grade school or a frat party. Reward me with something an adult might enjoy.
Our ETL will dress up sometimes too. Our STL makes her dress up and our ETL-GE hates every minutes off it. I always make sure to tell her she looks totally adorable dressed up which results in an angry face and some growling :p. Luckily the ETL likes me.

We've currently have a "game board" contest. Each time you get a RedCard, you get to move your playing piece one place. Some of the places have fun things.....get a drink from SB, pick a couple of items from Bullseye's Playground, get an extra 15 minute break (and choose which ETL covers your break time), choose an ETL to do 100 (yes, 100) exercises of your choosing (I'd love to see any one of my ETLs do 100 jumping jacks...or 100 push-ups (wonder how long 100 of anything will take.) and at the end you get a "real special" prize. Of course, the game board probably has about 30 places so getting to the last place will take quite awhile for each TM to get there.

We had the board game for a couple of weeks. At first everyone seemed motivated and red card sign ups improved but after a couple of weeks of crappy prizes, the game went away. Prizes were stuff like something for $1 from see spot save. Extra 15 minute break but no ETL was ever to be found to cover those breaks. Get a friday off (without pay of course,lol).

And I love all the chatter on the walkie when someone signs up .... "Wow Judy! Our third red card today. Incredible. Keep up the good work. Let's try for one more in the next 15 minutes."

The implication to anyone not getting red cards (I'm staring at you receiver!!) "You suck. You make me sick. Why are you even breathing. I can't stand the sight of you. Go die."

Way to motivate people.

It's so fake. I always loved giving the GSTL shit about spewing those out.

I hate doing that - especially when 9 times out of 10 the cashier isn't even near you when you say it. I tend not to announce it until the guest has left the lane (I don't want the guest to think we are keeping score at their expense). I have taken one for the team here and there, I've done a pie in the face (well, several really but who's counting), I've been pegged by water balloons, etc. I was mentioning to my ETL-GE tonight we needed to spend the money and order nicer prizes - our cashiers hate Starbucks and don't want stuff from Bullseye's Playground.

One time an ETL in our store said if we got goal before he left at 6 we could pie him in the face. Needless to say we got goal and he got a pie in the face ( whipped cream on a paper plate) infront of the check lanes. Guest must have thought we were insane.

Way to motivate people.
You just made me wonder how many redcards I could get if I started a "no red card, no order" policy with vendors.

We used to give out redcard prizes keyword used to.. However team members abused texting buddies just so they could get a red card prize ( it was usually gift cards to McDonald's if you got 3 sometimes a Starbucks drink) now there are no redcard prizes just a fist bump from the gstl for getting a red card. WTG!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back