Archived Sales planner help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a place I can go to learn how to read the sales planners? Now that I own an area and have to do everything on my own it would be nice to know exactly how to read these things. Of course the “training” I’ve had on it didn’t help at all. No surprise there. Ha.
Thanks.

Also the planner they handed me today is dated 4/21. The Graco/Chicco booster seat endcap in infant furniture. Isn’t it kinda late to be setting it?

Also the planner they handed me today is dated 4/21. The Graco/Chicco booster seat endcap in infant furniture. Isn’t it kinda late to be setting it?
No, because it's due this week. Unless it's streetdated or a special two day sale or something, it will always have Sundays date on the salesplanners.

It needs to be explained that unless it's street dated or a product launch, the "set week" always starts on Sunday. So technically you have a week to set it. It is considered overdue after Saturday. Everyone has the misconception that because it has a Sunday date it's due that day. So please educate your peers who are in the same boat as you. Please pass on the knowledge. 😀

My guess is you won't have to do much with fixtures if it's only car seats. Just print labels see how many shelves then put car seats up.

So technically you have a week to set it. It is considered overdue after Saturday.
Well I didn’t get to it today. 😖 With all the other tasks on my list I barely get done as it is. So am I in trouble now since I don’t work until Monday? Ugh.

I was super intimated by sales planners the first I looked at one since I’d never set one and they honestly look kinda confusing. But I just grab a measuring tape, throw in the shelves, pull the product, and then put in the labels how they look in the picture. Pegs still confuse me a little bit but those are more subjective, unless it’s an endcap of all pegs it doesn’t really matter, just make sure they’re in order and that it fits... atleast imo. My TLs always say my sales planners look good.

Well I didn’t get to it today. 😖 With all the other tasks on my list I barely get done as it is. So am I in trouble now since I don’t work until Monday? Ugh.
Nope, I would hope that corporate had figured out that there "will have to be a huge learning curve." You should not get in trouble. This whole process is not going to happen overnight. I'm speaking from experience that I don't expect someone who does not do this on a daily/weekly basis to magically know how to be an expert or proficient. It'll take you a good 2-3 weeks just to get the basics. You'll get there. It takes time. Now if your management criticizes you for it, just ask them to give you more heads up so you can plan your week better. You can only do what you can with the time your scheduled.

I was super intimated by sales planners the first I looked at one since I’d never set one and they honestly look kinda confusing. But I just grab a measuring tape, throw in the shelves, pull the product, and then put in the labels how they look in the picture. Pegs still confuse me a little bit but those are more subjective, unless it’s an endcap of all pegs it doesn’t really matter, just make sure they’re in order and that it fits... atleast imo. My TLs always say my sales planners look good.
Here's some tips for setting pegs on sales planners:
1. The top holes on a normal endcap height are at 64" so that's why you see the number 64 at the top of the picture(this takes into account that there is an existing header).
2. You have to know your alphabet. Left to right. ABC, etc...If you you put up backerpaper, then the 1st hole is B because A is covered up.
3. Each hole is at least 1" apart.
4. Now if you are setting inline or a planogram then the top of the 4' section is 76. That's the number you need to remember and memorize. It is key when you are setting pegs.

Plano tips:
I find that no matter how much you rush to get things done, it won't make you set that much faster. It's about how you prepare and plan it.

Here are some tips if you haven't been taught this already. Some are fairly obvious, but just in case.

- Prepare before you start setting. Get all your labels and strips. Take a good look at your plano and plan your attack, what fixtures do I need? do I need backer paper? will it be easier to set 1 section at a time or all at once? Look at the cover sheet, it gives you info on what fixture you need and how many. If you look at the quantity, it may say +3, that means you need 3 more pegs and the rest that's already on that aisle can be reused)

- Try not to count the holes at first for peg height. Use your measuring tape. Each hole is exactly 1" apart. ex. from base shelf to top hole = 76" and where top and bottom back paper meets, it's always 36" (except endcaps = 34"). You can mark your tape measure to even find the letters, like the pic below.
rLwRlq0.png

- For revisions, you gotta decide what will be quicker. If there's 2-5 pegged items changing, just fix those and leave the rest of the stuff around it. If it's like 10+ pegs, or the old set is all messed up and zone is terrible, it might actually be quicker to take it all down and start from scratch. Don't clean too much unless it's really bad. Dust and move on.

- When doing a whole aisle or multiple sections, try to do a certain tasks all at once. Here's an example of my process.
1. Demerchandise everything. Don't organize it too much, just throw the sucker in a cart/repack box.
2. Remove unnecessary fixtures and add any that's required. Then remove old labels and strips. (you don't want to clean before this step, because why clean a shelf if you end up not using it?)
3. Put up any backer paper.
3. Set all the strips.
4. Adjust shelf height based on what the strips say using a measuring tape, don't look at the planogram for this info.
5. Set the pegs. (try to count based on previous pegs set or pegs around it. ex. if a peg on the left is at 'K', start count from there.
6. Put up all the labels.
7. Clean, having a duster is quick if using liquid solution isn't necessary. Don't go gung ho and try to clean every nook and cranny.
8. Put up any signing or have your signing tm do it.
9. Push the merch that you've took down.
10. Push batch like your momma just gave birth.

Your still fairly new to setting, so you shouldn't beat yourself up. I trained a few new plano tms and usually start off fairly slow, even after a few months. I find they struggle a lot at counting because there's so many pegs and figuring out how new fixtures/or fixtures they've never used before--are suppose to be set. If you have time, try to familiarize with all the different fixture. Once you've gained that experience and find what process work best for you, setting plano should be a lot quicker.

Also, why don't they just have 1 person do all the batch pulling? Seems unproductive the way you guys are doing it.
Thanks Tesla

It needs to be explained that unless it's street dated or a product launch, the "set week" always starts on Sunday. So technically you have a week to set it. It is considered overdue after Saturday. Everyone has the misconception that because it has a Sunday date it's due that day. So please educate your peers who are in the same boat as you. Please pass on the knowledge. 😀
Yes! If only I could get this into the heads of EVERY vendor that comes in and says “it should have been done Sunday” ugh

Guess who’s sales planner still isn’t set.
👆🏼
No one seems to care either. I guess it’s no big deal? 🤷🏻‍♀️
So I’m not going to stress over it.
I don’t even have enough time to do the daily things I need to do. 😡

I've noticed before any resets (or whatever they're called exactly) that items that will no longer be on the shelf will go on clearance to clear them out. How far I advance do they go on clearance?

I've noticed before any resets (or whatever they're called exactly) that items that will no longer be on the shelf will go on clearance to clear them out. How far I advance do they go on clearance?

Approximately six weeks. Sometimes less.

Here's some tips for setting pegs on sales planners:
1. The top holes on a normal endcap height are at 64" so that's why you see the number 64 at the top of the picture(this takes into account that there is an existing header).
2. You have to know your alphabet. Left to right. ABC, etc...If you you put up backerpaper, then the 1st hole is B because A is covered up.
3. Each hole is at least 1" apart.
4. Now if you are setting inline or a planogram then the top of the 4' section is 76. That's the number you need to remember and memorize. It is key when you are setting pegs.
Asants. Different prototypes have different height gondolas throughout the store.

Asants. Different prototypes have different height gondolas throughout the store.
I realize that but the average inline planograms are 84" gondola heights unless of course you have the 64" or 54" but sure ASANTS. I'm pretty sure people can figure out their heights. Just trying to give tips is all that I was trying to communicate.😏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back