Archived Sales Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any change coming to sales signs needing to be put up? Is each department going to be responsible for doing so?

Is there any change coming to sales signs needing to be put up? Is each department going to be responsible for doing so?

My store already is workcenter specific but they stopped scheduling TMS to do ad early morning.

A store in my district tried beginning ad put-up at 8a.m. on Sunday morning. It was so bad Leaders said they would never do it again. I assume DBOs were used for each of their areas

Our store was a pilot and we always did ads at 8am for each DBO, usually only took an hour or so, depending on how big the ads were for a specific section.

We are 630am 6am in Q4 for ad and we are advised esp in Modernized areas to do the Sign Audit as we go. We have 5 TMs every Sunday doing ad 4 DBOs and a “floater” that does everywhere else if anyone does get done before store open they do help other areas once store is open we are advised to go to respected areas. Recent weeks it seems like we are spending more time auditing and putting up those signs compared to the signs we are actually sent. I believe last week alone between just all modernized areas there was close to 750 signs that had to be printed that were never sent.

Anyone else notice that the weekly eBatch has been screwed up. The signs give the regular price instead of the sale price even though the product is on sale for the price in the shipped signs. Thanks HQ.

I wish DBOs would take over at my store. Doing electronics, toys, sporting goods, and then seasonal can take a good 3-4 hours this time of year, especially starting at 8am. Remember when Target would keep signs up for a month instead of replacing it every week? Can we go back to that? I’ve put the same sale signs on items for almost a month now.

Last edited:
Best part of doing the signs is taking them down Saturday evening, and placing new ones on the same product, and for the same price as you just took down the night before. Why?
So pointless and a waste of the payroll we don't have.

Best part of doing the signs is taking them down Saturday evening, and placing new ones on the same product, and for the same price as you just took down the night before. Why?
So pointless and a waste of the payroll we don't have.

If you pay attention, it is mostly price protected brands. I’m not sure why it is OK for the sale to end on Saturday and start again on Sunday but I’m positive it has something to do with price protection.

Our store was a pilot and we always did ads at 8am for each DBO, usually only took an hour or so, depending on how big the ads were for a specific section.

What are DBOs? Our ad team still comes in early Sunday. I supposed if you opened at 8am with enough people who are ad trained it would get done in an hour easily.... but you'd have to commit to training people properly and make sure there are enough in at 8am to get the job done fast.

What are DBOs? Our ad team still comes in early Sunday. I supposed if you opened at 8am with enough people who are ad trained it would get done in an hour easily.... but you'd have to commit to training people properly and make sure there are enough in at 8am to get the job done fast.

DBO = Dedicated Business Owner

Ain't no way this Sunday's ad signing is getting done in an hour. I think it's the largest since Black Friday.

Ain't no way this Sunday's ad signing is getting done in an hour. I think it's the largest since Black Friday.
Oh is it? I have no idea I was just giving the average, I know sometimes it’s like a shit ton and our push gets really delayed in certain areas haha

We don’t have an ad team but we’ve been a pilot store so our hardlines TMs are “trained” in putting out the ads, so it’s not too bad. And most of them come in at 8am anyways, and they’ll put up ads for the sections who come in at 10am usually.

I’ve literally never done ad before but with the normal TM out for surgery they scheduled me for it on the new schedule at 7 AM, but I remember enough from helping another TM previously in the past to hopefully be able to do okay this time around. I’m confused, though, since it’s a Monday?

I’ve literally never done ad before but with the normal TM out for surgery they scheduled me for it on the new schedule at 7 AM, but I remember enough from helping another TM previously in the past to hopefully be able to do okay this time around. I’m confused, though, since it’s a Monday?
Spot is closed Easter Sunday so they go up the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back