Salvage

DBZ

I know a lot of it ends up in places like the goodwill, but before it gets there, do people have to sort it or anything? Does someone scan those dumb stickers after the stuff leaves the store? If they do, I feel really sorry for them because they can be anywhere on the items from our GS dept. I'd love to hear about all the crazy crap they have seen. My store seems to forget that you can toss shit out.

Right but if you toss it , it will affect the store negatively in reports such as overriding to toss . My Ap would be all over your ass if you toss opposed to salvage and get credit back .

I'm mostly thinking about broken glass and bins. I don't think our AP has ever cared about salvage. We have people defecting things out because it was discontinued and unlocated.

My question is this: does it REALLY matter what reason I put for why it's salvage? Do they actually scan the barcodes and somehow, somewhere have a running log of reasons an items has been salvaged?

I'm mostly thinking about broken glass and bins. I don't think our AP has ever cared about salvage. We have people defecting things out because it was discontinued and unlocated.
There was one time my leader over essentials defected out a bunch of no location pharmacy and the corporate person in charge of Department-class (for protein bars I think) started investigating our receiver due to the amount of loss it created. All in all, please be careful.

My question is this: does it REALLY matter what reason I put for why it's salvage? Do they actually scan the barcodes and somehow, somewhere have a running log of reasons an items has been salvaged?
I'm not sure they scan but I think they (leaders, ap) can pull a report of the reasons... but I dont know why they would

There was one time my leader over essentials defected out a bunch of no location pharmacy and the corporate person in charge of Department-class (for protein bars I think) started investigating our receiver due to the amount of loss it created. All in all, please be careful.
Well yeah otc is esim

I'm not sure they scan but I think they (leaders, ap) can pull a report of the reasons... but I dont know why they would
The reason is to see why the shortage , for example if I decide to override to toss a mirror because of a dent now I’m losing all the money by tossing it oppose to salvage Salvage gets credit while toss you lose it all which create shortage in margin .

From what I understand, Salvage (strictly talking Box D stuff - not Box C CRC) items are not always sorted through, but the Central Returns Center (CRC) audits things randomly to ensure that nothing bad is getting sent, mostly empty packages, non-Salvageable items like food or medicine, so the labels exist for the purpose of those random audits.

CRC stuff (which is silly why it’s called that, as it all goes to the CRC) like electronics, furniture, etc. is strictly processed piece by piece. That’s because a lot of that stuff (like Apple products) are shipped back to the manufacturer for credit back, or also sent forward for the next part.

After all is said and done, (a) Salvage and (b) non-creditable CRC is palletized and sent off to a clearance warehouse where it’s auctioned off in pallets to the next highest bidder like Dirt Cheap, ROSS, and your other local discount stores.

Some of it does end up in thrift stores via the CRC donating things they leave out of pallets, but who knows.

Maybe not at the store level, but at the Corporate level yes that’s run often. They need to know why things are being “written off” for legal reasons.

If we start blaming “Guest tampering” on every item, then we’d need to probably step up AP presence as 100% of our losses are directly related to our shoppers being jackwaggons in our stores lol.

There has to be a reason it was programmed.

In Style I only override to toss things that are unwearable - ripped, heavily soiled, reeks of cigarette smoke (thanks GS).

As for reasons, I use Guest Tampering a lot because it's true. Packages of underwear, t shirts, socks ripped open constantly, and what is AP going to do? Nothing that's what. They probably sit on the cameras and laugh when they see it happening, if they are even monitoring them. Otherwise I would think it would be an easy grab, as all of our basics areas are tore up daily.

You used to have to scan everything to the pallet label, but they got rid of that a few years ago. I'm not sure if they have started to go through salvage pallets or something because there was a communication on workbench this week about how the DCs and carriers are seeing a bunch of product on the salvage pallets that should not be there (regulatory issues and other such things)

And there is a report that tracks Override to Destroy percentages, there is a threshold you have to be under. I will drill down into the defectives report to see what is being overridden so I can have TL's follow up with the team members that have excessive amounts of stuff they are tossing.

As far as barcodes, the only time I get a barcode these days is when items are damaged. Non-damaged (eg. "no space to remerchandise" items, 'cause we don't have clearance endcaps much anymore) items don't have a barcode, and $0.00 salvage don't even print a label, most times (and even when they do, it's the "special handling" label).

Have I mentioned I really wish there was a way to damage out non-food items more than one at a time? Say, when an entire box of 10 mirrors gets smashed and we have to defect them out one by one (and remember to select 'throw away' every time, which I never remember to do). I've never met a box of mirrors that comes through entirely intact. We're lucky if only one is broken. Same for things like boxes of candles or picture frames--if one is broken, more than one is often broken and it's such a PITA to have to fill out the item removal screens one by one by one.

I only know in Food (not sure about Gen Merch) but there is an option to choose "Trailer" as to where it was damaged (instead of "Salesfloor")
sure. wish there was a drop down menu - Break Pack Label stuck to product. Product leaking. Product crushed, Item broken, etc.

I think this is new, but when you scan something that is 0.00 salvage. If you choose "Not Damaged" you can chose "missed salvage" as the reason. It prints a striker, but that sticker has no barcode.

I think this is new, but when you scan something that is 0.00 salvage. If you choose "Not Damaged" you can chose "missed salvage" as the reason. It prints a striker, but that sticker has no barcode.
Is it necessary to scan out something that is coming up salvage? If I find an item that's zero on the salesfloor or in reshop I just toss it in the salvage bin.

What we need is a Not Damaged > No Space to Remerchandise for food to just send it to Donate

Back